Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Another School Year Done and Dusted with Tracey

Hello

I can not believe that another school year has finished. I know we often say this but I really feel like this year went by in the "blink of an eye". My little boys are certainly now young men. I am so proud of what they both have achieved over the year and thought I would scrap a layout of each of them to celebrate their year.

"Enjoy the Ride"


To create this layout I wanted to have a plain background and add lots of pops of colour to enhance the focus on the photo.  I have layered bright papers to create a starting point then added embellishments and chipboard to add texture and interest. For all the chipboard I have used Cross Hatch by Louise Loolabelle's Nested and Enjoy the ride Title have all been heat embossed. If you haven't noticed this is one of my favourite ways to play with chipboard!







"13"


My baby turned 13 this month where did the last 13 years go? 
For this layout I have used white gesso over the patterned paper to create a base for my layering and photo. I have then layered the photo by matting using different papers and vellum.  For my chipboard yes you guessed it.... I have heat embossed it!  I have cut Phillis Frame in half. I will often do this with my chipboard if I am using it to tuck in under my photos or clusters as this way I am not wasting it by hiding half of it. As I had used some transparency clocks to cluster around the photo I thought the ID Clock hands to add some interest and texture.






 




Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happiest of Years

Tracey








No comments:

Post a Comment