Thursday, November 29, 2018

Everything is Peachy

 
Good Morning Everyone
Back again with another share from the design team.
I am delighted to be sharing one of Sue's wonderful creations with us. 
 
 
How gorgeous is this little beauty.
I am going to let Sue explain it in her own words how she created it.
 
This month I have created a small token, it can be used as a Christmas decoraton or token for a bride or a gift box, as it is made from one of those clear heart shaped baubles.

 
First I have adhered an ID swirly chipboard all over the surface, little tip, dampen the chipboard first then add rubber bands to hold in place while the gel medium sets.
 
Then I have added my usual layers of paint, first I used a rust medium, so it has a nice rough sandpapery surface. Then a layer of peach chalk paint, then Rose Gold Art Alchemy wax and finish with Vintage Gold Wax. Some touches of copper enhance the fold and give a warm tone.


Then I have dusted the whole project with Marie Antionette Artisan powder, for a nice chalky shabby look.


For a nice contrast to the chalky paint I have added fold shiny trinkets and gorgeous pink beads and bling. The secret to remember always is contrast contrast and more contrast, if you want to make your work "pop". To finish, I tied a peach organza ribbon to the top and melted it slightly with the heat gun for that aged wrinkled look...
As always - Sue has created another beautiful project with a twist. She is an expert at taking something simple and everyday, then turn it into some amazing. This truly is a beautiful keepsake, something you could treasure or hide a treasure in.
so back tomorrow with another design team members project and to share the projects we have received from you all.
thanks again
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment