This month the challenge was using the purple colour which in it's self is a challenge for me as I don't own much purple scrapping supplies. But that's what's what it's about isn't it 'A Challenge'.
My first project I'd like to share is an old salad server that I thought I could up-cycle.
Firstly I painted the spoon with 'Prima Metallique Dark Velvet ' and whilst it dried I prepared the layered addition. The Imaginarium Design pieces and flowers were painted with a selection of paints with a variety of shades of purple. The 'Tag' piece was covered with a contrasting coloured paper and then stamped and white gesso added. The metal flowers had purple tints added and with additions of hessian, black wire thread, brass embellishments, paper and splats of white gesso. To attach the sections together I packed the spoon section with layers of cardboard glued together.
|IDFL0017 Wrought iron embellishment B|
|Kerry flourish tiny IDT0026|
|Five tags in a board IDS0064|
My second share is a layout using Alpha's and stencils.
Using my new 13@rts watercolour palette I sprayed water and made a wash of colour onto the page and then painted a selection of alpha's and attached the individual pieces as a background to my paper layers. The words 'awesome' and 'adventure' were also painted using the same watercolour paint. When the background wash was dry I mixed some red and blue 13@arts acrylic paint to make purple then using a makeup sponge I sponged over the 'cross stencil'. Using a variety of papers torn into pieces and some die cuts, I made two stacks of papers, a small and a large. The final pieces I added to my layout included the titles, painted brackets, brass clock face and purple painted twine.
|Crosses Stencil IDMM006|
|IDW0094 #instagram etc.|
I love making cards for my family and friends and so I though that I would make one for a close friend who's birthday is coming up.
On this card I wanted vibrant colour so I used Distress Oxides and a small applicator to rub on Wilted Violet and Abandoned Coral. When covered I used the same method of rubbing but instead over the 'Heart stencil' and over the 'Love frame' with the Wilted Violet. Black Archival ink used with a script stamp added depth to the background and was also used to cover the 'Best wishes'. Adding a coat of Glossy Accents glue gave it shine and more depth. The flower chippie was covered with silver Versa Color ink as was butterfly which I used a variety of Metallic Melts from Tinby.
Flowers, a feather, white correction ink to trace some of the hearts and a drawn border were added to the card to build layers to complete the card.
|Best wishes 6 in a board IDP0085|
|Heart Stencil IDMM001|
|IDT0014 4 small butterflies|
|Loolabelles Cherries IDD0068|
Love Heart Frame (NEW)
Thanks for popping over to catchup again and see the great art that can be made with Imaginarium Designs. Happy creating.