Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Colour of the Month for August is .....

Hello Everyone.
Before I share our Colour of The Month with you, I want to share a layout sent to us from
Annie McKells and apologies to Annie for not sharing her layout on our blog yesterday. I did load it on the blog, but somehow it vanished and I didn't pick up that it was not there.
So Annie gets a special mention today.
I do love her layout, she has used papers from one of my favourite companies - Graphic 45 and added lots of our wonderful chipboard - all painted white to make them pop on her layout. Aren't the colours just wonderful. What a beautiful selection of flowers, chosen to match the colours in the papers. The photo is just perfect and Annie has done a great job matching everything together.
Thanks Annie for sending this layout to us and again - sorry you were missed yesterday. I will be sending you an extra big bundle of chipboard to play with. 


So as today is the 1st day of August - I can now share with you our Colour of The Month, which is ...

Purple

So the first photo on the left is one I took in New Zealand, just look at the bumble bee. The are quite large - more like an English bumble bee - rather than the smaller cousins we have here.  The two on the right are from our design team member Solange and thanks Solange for sending them.
Purple is one of the colours that everyone loves. So please, please send us a project featuring our chipboard and the colour purple. I need your project by the 24th of August. I will  feature them on our blog and send you a bundle of chipboard to play with.
To inspire you and give you a creative push, our design team have been hard at work.
 
Sue Smyth is up first with a stunning Journal Cover.
I love the softness of her cover, the purple is beautiful and the touch of teal is just stunning.
here is what Sue has to say about her journal cover.
 
 
My project featuring purple is a journal, I had the challenge to convert a layout into a book using the same techniques and ingredients.
Here I have used losts of white gesso and a stencil to texturize my book and chipboard, as a base to add lots of colour.


 
When dry I have used gelatos or scribble sticks to add washy soft colour, it picks up the texture of the chipboard and gesso.


And to soften the look, I added some Artsy treasure feathers and muslin, they form a contrast to the chipboard and add the basis of my colour palette.

I have added lilac prills for detail on the edges of the raised chipboard.

The cluster of flowers are also coloured softly with the gelatos, I have contrasted the purple with teal, which is from the same family as far as colours go to the purple.
I have tucked in a few Artsy treasures butterflies to finish, and highlighted the texture with Art Alchemy white gold wax, which I think finishes it nicely.
Thanks so much Sue for creating this beautiful masterpiece for us and especially sharing so much information about the creative process behind it.
 
Next up is Wendy Duwakin
Wendy has something quite different and very cute. Her project also has a practical aspect to it.

Here is what Wendy has to say about her cute little Fridge Magnets.
This month I have designed and made a cute set of fridge magnets!!!

 These were relatively easy the only part which took a while was using the big shot and my chosen thinlits to cut out the shapes I wanted. I ran these through around 5 times each with the thinner sheets of chipboard. Once this is done just grab some paper and using the same dies cut one for your cover.

 I so so love this idea - you can grab some inexpensive magnet sheets at a discount store and cover the back of each chipboard die and wallah fridge magnets! There is a notepad, a mini chalk board for leaving messages and then just a fun word.


How cute are these and what a great way to use up odds and ends of your printed chipboard pieces.
Thanks Wendy for this cute idea and what a great kids party activity would this be.


 So get your paints, gelatoes, sprays, scribble sticks, watercolours, ink pads, cardstocks, print papers or any of your favourite items and get stuck in.
I want to see your purple projects and share them on our blog. You just need to make sure you use some of our chipboard and I receive it by the 24th of this month. You can email me at
sales@imaginairumdesigns.net.au
I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
thanks for looking
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Sue and Wendy thanks for both sharing your work today. What great ideas and inspiration you have shown
    thanks

    ReplyDelete