Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Don't you just love the Colour Purple?

Hello Everyone
The August's " Colour of the Month" is Purple.  
I hope you are all working on your projects using our chipboard and the colour purple. I can't wait to see what you come up with and share here on our blog.
To help you with some inspiration our design team member Sonia Thomason has created a beautiful layout. I know you will love it. Her work is just stunning and  I am a bit fan of hers.
 

 Aren't Sonia's photos just so cute - she really is a bundle of Joy.  Just look at all the beautiful colours and shades of purple on Sonia's layout.
Here is what she had to say about her page.

 
Purple is not a colour I find easy to work with but I love a challenge! I found balancing the purple with white and a pop of black here and there worked for me.
The 'Bundle of Joy' phrase was heat embossed in white.
IDP0221 Bundle of Joy.

I then took two of the larger cogs from '9 Cogs on a Board' and heat embossed them in an aged silver.

IDS0018 9 Cogs in a Board.
The aged silver embossing powder has some black flecks in it and these darker pops of colour help ground the layout. The rounded shape of the cogs add a softness to the page while adding a bit of movement and dimension.

I also heat embossed the chipboard Flourish 1 (3 in a Board) as well and tucked it under my tag at the top of my layout.  

IDT0001 Flourish 1 (3 in a board)

 
 
Thanks so much Sonia for sharing your beautiful purple layout with us. I am sure it will inspire you all  to have a go and take part in our "Colour of the Month" challenge.
All you have to do is create a project featuring our chipboard and the colour purple. It needs to be to me by the 24th of August and you can email it to me at


Thanks for looking
Jane

1 comment:

  1. As always a stunning layout from the Queen of Layers and Clutter. I don't know how you manage to fit so much on your layouts and make it work. That's the magic that is your style.

    ReplyDelete