Friday, August 31, 2018

OH NO its the 31st not the 30th.

Hello Everyone.
I have lost a day, if anyone finds it can they return it to me please!
Checked my diary at lunch time today, only  to discover it's the 31st not the 30th!
So here is my post which should have gone up this morning - now.
I have received a lovely selection of layouts submitted by you all and want to share them here.
I will do the colour of the month tomorrow but later in the day.
So to finish this month and before I share our submissions.  I just have to share with you a stunning layout that Karyn Shultz has done for us. Not only has she done a layout, Karyn has done a step by step tutorial. She is so kind and generous in sharing her work and inspiring others. I just love her take on our colour of the month, her "purple" really pops off the page.
Here is what she has to say about her beautiful layout.
 

Todays project is a scrapbook page with a photo of me - always remember to scrap yourselves from time to time lovelies!!



I started with some paper from the 7 Dots studio Northern Lights collection and used a painting with plastic technique and watercolour pan paints (purple, grey and black) to add more detail to the background. 


Next I used an Imaginarium Designs "Mallory" stencil and Colour Blast pastes (in Stormy) to add some dimension.  


I left this to dry naturally for a few hours (this gives less buckling to your page). Next I matted my photo with more papers from the Northern lights collection (from the 6x6 paper pad).  
 

I also added stickers and diecuts from this collection. I left some of the chipboard raw and painted some with my watercolour pan paints. 


I also added some paper flowers and beads to the page. 
 

Lastly I added some splats of Colour Blast shimmer spray in Royalty/purple. 

Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 


IDP0040 Country at Heart.

IDS0013 Embellishment 4
 
IDT0001 Flourish 1.

 
IDD0030 Loolabelles Love Arrows

IDDL0022 Loolabelles Chevrons #2

IDD0042 Nat's Hearts.


IDMM004 Mallory Stencil Set.
 
Thanks so much for stopping.
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

Thanks again Karyn for creating and sharing a truly beautiful page celebrating you. Most of us are so busy do layouts for other family members that we very rarely find the time to do one of ourselves. Thanks Karyn for reminding us just how important  it is.

So time to share the layouts I have received.
 
First up is Maureen Wood. 


Maureen sent us this beautiful layout featuring some of our chipboard Butterflies. Here is what Maureen has to say about her page.
Please find attach my entry into the August challenge. It's the first time I have entered or competed a page before the due date. I  have used the Monarch Butterfly and paint them with Metallic Dark Orchid paint. 
Thank you Maureen for sending us such a lovely layout.
Next up is Penny Powell.



Penny has done a very pretty layout featuring three lovely photos. Penny used quite a few pieces of our chipboard. she has used a boards of leaves (IDFL0018) one of our beautiful phrases - Cute Smile (IDP0227), a chipboard corner flourish and one of Lou's heart shapes (IDD0070)
Thanks Penny for sending such a "Cute" layout.
Next up is Anne-Maree Campbell.
 
Anne--Maree  has also use a few different pieces of our chipboard on her layout. She has chosen a really lovely photo for her page and used one of our flourish chipboard corners to "frame" it. A lovely cluster of flowers and one of our chipboard titles really finish her layout.
Thanks Anne-Maree for sharing your layout with us.
Next up is Annie McKell.


 

Annie has chosen a stunning photo for her page. I love the layering behind her photo and the chipboard title she has chosen. It really suits her layout. Her chipboard arrows and the flourish she has tucked behind her photo work so well.
Thanks Annie for submitting a really lovely layout.
Next up is  Pat Evans


Pat has chosen a very special photo for her layout. I love her flower cluster and the way she has layered print papers behind her photo. A perfect titles finishes her page nicely.
Thanks for sending me such a beautiful layout.
Last but not least is Teesha Heywood.



Teesha  has done a lovely layout with a mixed media foundation.  She has chosen a quirky photo and it works so well with her background. A beautiful selection of flowers carefully placed and a perfect chipboard title all make for a wonderful layout.
So I will be sending everyone a bundle of our chipboard to play with. Some of you have received a few bundles over the past couple of months. So if you feeling a bit swamp then let me know and I will choose to send you a bundle of scrapbooking supplies instead.
Thanks everyone for your ongoing support in our colour of the month venture.
I really enjoy seeing what you have all been up to. I would love to see some more of you having a go.
Back tomorrow with a new colour challenge for September.
Jane


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations everyone on your lovely layouts and thanks Kayrn for the inspiration and instructions for your gorgeous layout. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations everyone - all such lovely layouts and memories preserved xx

    ReplyDelete