Saturday, September 1, 2018

Our Colour of The Month is...

Hello Everyone
I know it's a bit late, but the first day of September is not quite over.
So our colour of the month for September is
Kraft.
I suppose kaft is not really  a colour - but it is the perfect foundation colour for anything you want to throw at it.
There are so many different types of Kraft, from shades of kraft/gray to kraft/yellow.
Our kraft photos are taken by Sue Symth and myself.
Top Left - Meera Cat at the Adelaide Zoo.
Top Right - Bread Shapes at one of San Francisco's Piers.
Bottom Left - Bolt in wood at a wharf.
Bottom Right - Order of service at my nephews wedding - doubling as fans!
 
To get you started and help the creativity flow - Wendy Duwakin has two beautiful cards for us.
I really love Wendy's cards - and this months kraft cards are a great example of her work.
 
 
Here is what Wendy has to say about her cards.
 
For our theme this month being "kraft / natural" I decided to make this the base colour of my cards. I have always wanted to try the technique of stamping and embossing in white on kraft and then colouring with pencils which is how I have done the Hello card. The Hello chipboard for this card has been inked with an archival "coffee" ink pad, to finish it I then applied glossy accents.

 The chipboard title for this card has been inked with an archival "coffee" ink pad, I used stickles in "chocolate" over the top - which gives it a nice rustic glitter feel.
I love the way Wendy has cluster her flowers and used raffia instead of ribbon. Her pumpkins are really beautifully coloured - she really is clever and using pencils works so well on the kraft.
Both cards have a simple and classy feel to them. 
Thanks Wendy for sharing your them with us.


 Next up is Sonia Thomason
Sonia is an expert at tags which mounted in a frames create perfect decorations for your home.
I love her work - she just instinctively knows how to layer everything and make it work.

 Here is what Sonia has to say about her tag.

I decided to go with the 'Natural' part of this month’s challenge with a touch of Kraft added as a small tag under the Moments Captured card. I used a natural wood grain paper to cover the large tag from the Backing Tags Set (IDS0086) then placed a smaller kraft tag on it as the base of my journal card. loral cluster is one of the butterflies from the 'Butterflies' (IDT0014). To add fabulous dimension and movement to my tag I added the gorgeous Long Swirly Flourish (IDFL0005) to one side. This is actually a large flourish and I've cut it in half to fit my project. The Flourish was heat embossed in white and the Butterfly in an aged gold


Of course if we are talking 'Natural' then flowers are a must for me and the perfect finish to a floral cluster? is one of the butterflies from the Imaginarium Designs Tiny Butterflies board to add fabulous dimensions and movement to my tag. I embossed it with aged gold embossing powder.


I added the gorgeous long swirly chipboard flourish to one side of my tag. This is actually a large flourish and have cut it in half to fit my project. The flourish was heat embossed white embossing powder,


The string is a nice "Krafty" touch and goes well with Sonia's beautiful chosen bits and pieces.
The Gold Embossed Butterfly is a really nice touch.
Thanks Sonia for sharing your wonderful tag with us.


Well Wendy and Sonia have created some great examples of how you can use kraft.
I can't wait to see what you all come up with. If you want to get involved - all you have to do is create a project using kraft and our chipboard. Send me an image or two by the 25th of the month to
sales@imaginariumdesigns.net.au
I will show your project here on the last day of the month. I then will share all the projects and choose a couple or more to received a $50 bundle of our chipboard.
So get creating - I will be sharing more great projects from our super talented design team using kraft over the rest of the month, so make sure you follow us or like us - to keep up with what's happening.
thanks for stopping by
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment