Wednesday, November 21, 2018

November loveliness from Sue Smyth



Mad Hatters Tea Chest 
and 
Catcher of Dreams Layout 
By Sue Smyth 


This month I am sharing two projects I have taught around Australia this 
year, first is a small box for holding tea with an Alice in Wonderland 
theme. Second is a layout using my Artsy treasures and ID chipboard to 
Create a Dream catcher style layout.



I have cut down one of the borders to create a frame on the lid 
of a Graphic 45 kraft box 


I added feet (wooden beads) to give the box some height and 
definition.


The spine is decorated with a playing card and resin bracket.


Inside I have used torn up text to cover the kraft surface, (and the outside)



And I have decorated the tags that came with the box 
with Alice in Wonderland Artsy Treasures.


To top the box is a resin Mad Hatter, he is painted with Inka 
Gold colours and placed over the ID frame.


Next is my layout.............


I love doing a mixed media layout and intend to do more, I create 
my own background to suit the photo.


The ID feathers are painted with gesso first, then I give 
them a second stippled coat, and dry off 
to bubble and blister.
Then I have coloured them with Scribble sticks and water.


I have used the scribble sticks to colour the flowers too, and to colour
the compass ID chipboard.


I have snipped the compass/clock chipboard, around the 
centre to create 2 pieces, and threaded cotton 
around the larger one to make a dream catcher.


Here are some close ups.




Oh and I used the same elements (except the photo)
to make a journal cover. Which I secretly like 
even better lol.






Here are some close ups of the prills and 
feathers etc.




I hope you are inspired by my projects and bonus
book, and 


some of the chipboard used 



Happy Crafting 



No comments:

Post a Comment