Thursday, September 27, 2018

Super September creating with Sonia

Hi everyone, Sonia here with my creations for this month. What a month it is too! Anyone with kids knows it is a hectic month of semi and grand finals for all the Winter sports and then all the trials begin for the Summer ones! Then there are all the footy finals to contend with - such non stop fun! Somewhere in there a little bit of crafting is needed to maintain the sanity.
Recently we had Book Week at school and one of the costumes for my girls needed a fair bit of ribbon. Off to Spotlight I went and came home with two spools of the required ribbon. Once I'd finished I looked at the spools and thought they were too cute to throw out so I decorated them and turned them into a fabulous way to store my string!

String Reels

Imaginarium Designs products used: Brackets on Oval (IDT0011)

I covered the top and bottom with vintage paper and then inked all the edges

 Both of the Brackets on Oval chipboard pieces were heat embossed in an aged gold

 A quote was cut to size and attached to the centre of each frame

The Frames were then mounted to the top surface of each of the reels with foam mounting tape and other embellishments added 

Capture the moment

 Imaginarium Designs products used: Long Swirly Flourish (IDFL0005) and Capture, Moment, Smile words (IDW006)

The words and the Flourish have all been heat embossed in white for a crisp white finish

The long flourish has been cut in half from another project and was just perfect to finish off this one!

The length of the flourish makes it ideal to tuck under the photo for some added dimension

Two of the words from the pack were used to make the title. A word sticker was used to join the words together to make a title

Imaginarium Designs products used:


IDFL0005

 IDT0011

IDW006

Thank you for joining with me today! I hope you manage to get some crafty time during this crazy time of the year!
Happy crafting!
Sonia x


1 comment:

  1. ohhh I love the spools sonia, I had some made so I feel inspired to decorate mine too now

    ReplyDelete