Sunday, September 30, 2018

September Colour of the Month Reveal.

Hello Everyone.
It's the end of the month again - where is the time going.
I have another project from our design team to share with you all before I show the entries we have received from you all featuring the colour Kraft.
But first up is a stunning tag from Sue. 
 
 
 
Sue makes the most amazing projects using all kinds of bits and pieces. Everyone who does one of her workshops just loves the whole process. It is a bit addictive and one workshop is never enough. Check her blog to find out where she is next teaching.
This tag is an excellence example of Sue's eclectic style. 
Here is what she has to say about her tag.

My project this month is a junk tag, I dont use Kraft as a colour usually as I cannot resist adding stronger colours, but it occured to me that kraft was akin to gold in nature so I went with that, so my tag is a mix of black, kraft and gold.

 
First I have added chipboard to the base of the tag for texture, then I have added a mix of buttons, and trinkets around my plastic insect for interest and then painted it all black with gesso. Then I added a layer of white gesso, so that when I sprayed it with a kraft colour it would show up over the white. I have layered over that some alchemy vintage gold and white gold wax, with a hint of antique amethyst for that metallic look.
 

While doing this tag I did some research on Kraft the colour. Did you know it is a completely made up colour? Kraft refers to the the colour of cardboard cartons, which in turn gets it name from the process of turning wood into cardboard, called the "kraft" process, which means "strength " in german. The process turns wood into strong cardboard, hence the name. The scrapbooking and paper craft industry as adopted the name to mean any natural cardboard colour. Interesting I thought! Because Kraft is a neutral colour it goes with anything, much like black and white. 


I cannot resist adding hints of other colours, the spray ink turned a little pinkish in some parts. so I went with the flow and added some pink rhinestones along with some goldish yellow ones. I like to go where the mediums take me, dont fight them, let them do what they are good at ...adding colour ..lol.


 Thanks so much for sharing this very special tag with us. Not everything we create needs to be pretty and floral - even skulls and bones can look lovely with Sue's "golden" touch.

So lets see how everyone has been using Kraft and our chipboard this month.
Firsts up is Annie KcKell


Annie has use Kraft for the background of her layout.  She has also added some kraft cardboard as a background for her photo to sit on. Her use of vintage lace under the photo is just lovely and her flowers add a really nice touch. I love her use of our chipboard corners and she has chosen the perfect chipboard title. Her added brown colour chipboard pieces, the tiny flourish and mini frame around her photo are the perfect finishing touch.

Next up is Maureen Wood.

 Maureen has use Kraft for the foundation for her layout.  She has even done some stitching around her page to create a frame and added extra bits of card and paper to add interest around her two photos. Maureen has added some of our chevrons and tiny circle borders to finish her layout. A really nice male layout from Maureen.

Now we have Pat Evans who sent me two layouts.
 Pat has done two vintage layouts. Each one has quite a different feel to it.
This one is a traditional scrapbooking page with layers of different papers, tags and ephemera, all carefully chosen to suit a lovely photo of someone special. Pat has chosen a perfect title for her layout. Some metal charms and cogs all add to make a really lovely layout. 
Her second page is also a lovely vintage layout. 
 Again Pat has chosen a vintage photo for her page. The cut kraft shape is the perfect background for her layout. She has decide to keep it simple and just add a couple of extra plain/print papers to frame her photo. Her flowers are a really lovely touch and her chipboard vine flourishes are just perfect. Attaching the cut kraft shape to a beautiful print paper is the perfect finishing touch.

Next up is Penny Powell.


 Penny has done a mixed media layout and used lots of our chipboard on her page.  She has used our brick chipboard piece cutting it and  tucking it around and under her two very cute photos. I love her use of our chipboard words, scattering them over her page to fit in perfectly with her photos.  Her small round photo framed with one of our chipboard frames is the perfect final finishing touch.
A really lovely boy page.

Lastly I have a layout from Tessha Heywood



Tessha has also done a really lovely vintage layout. I love the way she has used hessian and lace on her page to give her photo a "hanging" point. Two of our chipboard flourishes painted white and tucked under her photo really help to draw your eye to it. Some metal charms and carefully chosen flowers all help to make this page very special.
Thanks everyone for sending me your layouts. I will be sending you all a bundle of chipboard to play with.
Tomorrow I will be back with the colour of the month for October and some of the design team members work to get you inspired.
Can't wait to see what you all come up with for Octobers challenge.
see you tomorrow.
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment