Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Orange is my favourite colour- Sandi's July creations.

Hi everyone hope you all have been able to spend time doing lots of art rugged up warm if you have been in freezing cold weather like us. July is the month of orange and is my favourite colour; I'd love to share with you some of my latest creations using this warming colour.

My first creation is a layout of friends meeting up over the fence. I used my scrapping buddie Fiona Paltridge's stamps from Aall&create stamping them on white cardstock and painted them with 13@rts.





 The orange section of my first creation was made on a gelli plate with acrylic paints and stencils on deli paper. I tore a wide strip and applied it to white card stock with a small strip of 7Dots paper attached onto one side. The next layer consisted of a old dress making pattern stamped with a range of foliage stamps with  black Archival ink.
The Imaginarium Design Chipboard I used on this layout included the fence, foliage and Hello title. The fence was painted with black acrylic paint, the foliage was painted with a mix of green, brown and orange water colours by Dina Wakley and the Hello was painted with the Dina Wakley's acrylic Tangerine. I finished off the look with handpainted brambling roses along the chipboard foliage.



New chipboard border piece
fence/Train Track border IDB0006
Hello (Four in a board) IDW0102
New Chipboard piece

The second creation is a birthday card I have made for a very close friend.



White cardstock is perfect to sprinkle Lindy's magicals onto and spray with water, it gives a striking background to build on. I used the Imaginarium  Designs heart stencil and used a makeup sponge to dab over it with Dina Wakley acrylic tangerine. I traced around each heart with a white correction ink pen. I painted the border piece with black and green paint and then painted over with a mix of perfect pearl and water. The best wishes chipboard phrase was painted black and placed on a stack of kaisercraft papers. The card was finished off with a painted heart topped with perfect pearls and an edging of black pen scribble lines.




New Chipboard Border
Heart Stencil IDMM001
Nats hearts 1 IDD0042
Best wishes 6 in a board IDP0085

I was given a beautiful candle by a dear friend, the box it was in was perfect for recycling into a gift box to give my own present back to this friend this birthday.



I first painted the box with tangerine and lime green using white gesso to dry brush over the dried acrylic paint. Using a makeup sponge I sponged more tangerine over the Imaginarium Kate stencil. When was all was dry I used my Kaisercraft script stamp with black Archival Ink to stamp all over the box. I made a stack of papers, embellishments, flowers and hessian threads. The best wishes phrase was painted with Dina Wakley umber paint and the cross hatch and sections of the new border chippie was stamped with silver ink and Tinby silver metallic melts applied. Gluing the pieces and paper stack was the last step to finish off the box.
 



New Chipboard Border
Cross Hatch IDD0056
Best wishes 6 in a board IDP0085
Kate Stencil IDMM005


Thanks for taking the time to come and catchup with me and the Imaginarium Design team to see our latest creations. We all love sharing the different ways for you to use this wonderful product.
See you soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment