Saturday, August 19, 2017

Cards - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Imaginarium Designs lovelies!!

It's Karyn here and today I'm sharing some cards made using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard.

This first card was made for Rachael's 16th birthday this week. I've used lots of bright Dina Wakley paints.
My card base is black 6"x6" and I've cut some heavyweight Canson white cardstock     5 3/4" x 5 3/4" that I use to create my painted background. I've used Dina Wakley paints (Tangerine, turquoise, lime, sky, blackberry violet, magenta) to paint the background. I like to use a silicone brush for my painting - I love the effect and it is so much easier to clean between colours!! 
I then used 2 KaiserCraft mini designer templates (dots and dashes, and bubbly) and black marble and calypso teal Dylusions paint to add another layer of painty interest. 
Once this was all dry I added some Bo Bunny gold glitter paste in places, and I used my white Posca paint pen to draw some dash patterns and then to add some splatters (yes, you can use your paint pen to do this!!!).
I used a black and white paint pen to colour the chipboard, and a Fude ball pen to draw a boarder around the edge. You can see in the photo above I initially painted the chipboard word Happy with a black paint pen - but then changed my mind and covered it with the white paint pen - how good is that coverage!  
Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

Nats hearts : code IDD0043
 
16th small : code IDN0054
You make me happy: Code IDW0097


Next are two cards made using Lindy's Magicals.
Both card bases are white 6"x6" and I've cut some heavyweight Canson white cardstock 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" that I use to create my painted background. I've used Lindy's Gang Magicals to create my background this time. I haven't used these much before but of course i have a jar or 10 in my stash lol so I thought I would use them on these cards. The colours I've used are "My mojito green", "whale watch blue" and "screamin banshee black". Don't you just love these names!! 

For the first card I started by adhering some old dictionary paper and chipboard to the card base using soft gloss gel. I cut out the word Father from the dictionary so I can use it for a fathers day card. Then I sprinkled some of the green Magicals across my page with a paint brush, then activated with a water spray bottle.
After drying this off I repeated the process with the blue then the black magicals. At times I used a paintbrush to make sure all the chipboard was covered. I always dry off between layers/colours and if in doubt add more water and colour :) 
I also added some white paper flowers that I then painted with the Magicals. I love the variety of colour pigments in the Magicals - doesnt this look amazing!! 
The last card is a baptism card for my gorgeous nephew Bryce. I created the background in a similar way as for the first card.  
As this was a baptism card I used the word 'baptize' from the dictionary. 
I also added the name Bryce to the card to personalise it.  
Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

Denises trellis and flourish: Code IDD0007

Edward relief collection : code IDC0009
love cherish adore (small) : code IDW0036
capital letters : code IDAUC0001
Lower case letters : Code IDALC0001
Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment