Saturday, April 8, 2017

A little bit of pink and a little bit of blue!

Welcome to April - can you believe it?! Time is going so fast and I know it's not just me as everyone seems to be saying it! The past few weeks have been particularly busy and I've found myself in a bit of a creative slump. When I do find some time to create, nothing seems to flow.
So, I did what I often do when the mojo has deserted me and I look through my old projects and find something that I really like and use that to scraplift myself. Sometimes you just need that push start to get going again!

'Love You'

 Imaginarium Designs products used: Mallory Flourish (IDFL0024), Nat's Hearts (IDD0042) and 'Love You' title (ID0026)

I love the beautiful shape of the Mallory Flourish and it looks gorgeous on the page after heat embossing in white:

 With quite a busy background, I wanted to keep to keep the chipboard crisp and bright so it would stand out but not interfere with the flow of colour on the page. Heat embossing all of the chipboard pieces in White embossing powder is one way to get that look.


 One of my favourite pieces of chipboard are Nat's Hearts. These hearts are the perfect size to dot around the page to help add some interest and movement across the page. I love that these hearts are not perfectly symmetrical and that the hand drawn quality comes through.


'Gorgeous Smile'


After working with blue on the previous layout, the next colour I picked up was pink of course! I wanted to capture the happiness that my youngest daughter exudes so tones of pink seemed absolutely perfect!


Imaginarium Designs products used: Denise's Art Deco Flourish (IDDD0005) and 'Gorgeous Smile' (IDP0173)
  
Denise's Art Deco Flourish is so elegant and it has almost a crown like look to it so I thought it would look quite at home above my daughter's head!


The Art Deco Flourish was heat embossed in white and the 'Gorgeous Smile' title was inked in brown ink


 The combination of both light and dark colours in the chipboard add movement across the page and the brown acts as a focal point in amongst all the pinks


Imaginarium Designs products used:


'Love You' phrase IDP0026


'Denise's Art Deco Flourish' IDDD0005


'Mallory Flourish' IDFL0024


'Nat's Hearts' IDD0042


'Gorgeous Smile' IDP0173


Thank you for taking the time to visit and I wish you all happy school holidays and a happy and safe Easter
Happy creating
Sonia x


2 comments:

  1. It must be easy to create with photos of your beautiful girls and some beautiful chipboard - love the Pink... and love the blue too!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW 😍 Beautiful layout and STUNNING photo ❤

    ReplyDelete