Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Memories Last Forever Layout and Halloween ATC Box By Sue Smyth

Memories Last Forever Layout 
 and 
Halloween ATC Box



Hi All
Today I am sharing a fairytale layout. As 
children we went to a lot of fancy dress parties, in this one
I am little boo peep and my sister and brother are Jack and Jill.
Mum was a master at making gorgeous costumes and more
times than not we would win a prize.



To alter the feather, I have simply sprayed it matt black with
spray paint. Then I use a white paint pen to add splots and lines.
This is one of my favourite ways to alter a feather and I have used it 
again in the Halloween box below.


I love the little red shoes on my sister and wanted to highlight the 
colour in the banner and flowers.

To alter the balloon, I have dry brushed with gesso,several coats have
given me a great surface to paint on and draw with 
a thin black pen.

The banner is coloured with aged mahogany stain, then
cover with Dimensional magic, and sprinkle with a
little white glitter.


The bracket at the top of photo is embossed with 
aged silver embossing powder.


Here I have used the negative of the chipboard as a stencil.
I have sprayed a spray ink over the chip to create
the running children figures.


Ah now my favourite way to alter chipboard, dry brush
with gesso, when dry,
 cover with dimensional magic
 and sprinkle with micro beads.
Cover with gesso again, when dry for a dimpled cloud look.









Something Wicked this way comes
Halloween box 


I love Halloween and this year I have make a decoration from Graphic 45 ATC box.
My vision for this, was kind of a Pandora's box, if it was open
what would it look like if hell burst out lol?


I found a small skeleton last year and painted this white.
I have added a pair of wings and a winged heart to 
the skeleton.



I have used Steampunk Spells as my paper and used some 
of the panels for elements in the box. 

Both "by the pricking of my thumbs 
something wicked this way comes" and
 "Double double toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble 
are two of my favourite quotes 
from Shakespeares Macbeth and
so suitable for Halloween



The thready cobwebs are tendrils of glue gun, they 
can be terrible with the left over strings, so
I used it to my advantage here.


All of the chipboard I have sprayed with matt black 
spray paint. 
Somethings like the flourishes I have 
rubbed dark green inka gold into the spray paint.
The matt surface soaks up the rub and the contrast of 
dull and shine is awesome.
I have also added a few gold embossed pieces.
add a few bats on coiled wires some feathers, cogs  and a 
hand made grave stone, and I hope to have captured 
wicked wishes this 
Halloween


Imaginarium Materials



Happy Crafting 





3 comments:

  1. Sue, these are incredible. Thanks for sharing your techniques. Awesome projects. I pinned.
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765605385091/

    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765605385098/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work! I am
    loving the Halloween
    Box, wonderful idea.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME work Sue!!!
    LOVE your box and ADORE your layout - WOW - it is STUNNING, the photo is part of the incredible scene you have created!!!
    LOVE your feather and clouds - I will definitely have to try these techniques - thank you for the inspiration :) THANK YOU for sharing your precious childhood memories too, it must have been so much fun with a Mum that encouraged fancy dress :)

    ReplyDelete