Friday, September 6, 2013

Were have the Years gone / Best Wishes

I can not believe it's September already? Making the title of my LO very appropriate..."Were have the Years gone", for this photo of Michelle is once again of her as a toddler at least 20 years ago! Whilst doing the stamped in UTEE technique last month, I at times stamped on the cooled UTEE making me think that it could be a neat marbling technique to try...and it works amazingly! I will give a photo tutorial at the end.



The Oval frame was done with this technique resulting in an amazing marble finish. The title was inked with Mix'd Media Inx; Chiffon and Wisteria and heat embossed with some Irredesant Sparkle embossing powder. I used papers from Creative Imaginations. Did some stamping and masking with texture paste on it.



Doesn't this finish look amazing...and the Imaginarium chipboard behaved beautifly even with all the intense heating that I applied to it.




The Prima resin bird got a little colour with Lindy's Stampgang Starburst, Cotton Candy Pink and Gregarious Grey.







I cut two strips with Tim Holtz Alteration Pennants Die, I used the shorter one as is and used the longer ones to roll as paper beads and glued them in between.







~~~




Step 1  Used Pearl UTEE on my frame.



Step 2: Stamped on the cooled UTEE with Archival ink; Plum and Sepia. It is best to use an acrylic block for the ink tends to slide on the UTEE, I wiped the mishaps of with a cloth until I was happy with my image...




Heat with heat gun, pushing the melted UTEE until the inks begin to marble.
~~~

...Best Wishes...



The same technique was used on this frame, this time using black UTEE with Jasmine and Pomegranate Inx. Also used Creative Imaginations paper again.





On the Butterfly wings I used Desert Moon Turquoise and Angel Wings Mauve embossing powders from Lindy's Stampgang...Used a Prima Sipper Pull as the body of the butterfly...

I hope I have inspired you to try these techniques...please feel free to share them with us on the Ning site, we would love to see what you create! And also remember, by leaving a comment on my post, you could stand a chance of winning a prize pack of Imaginarium design chipboard!




Oval Frame with Brackets 
IDF 0009




IDP 0032



Photo Frame 1
IDFR 0002


Monarch Butterfly
IDS 0059


IDW 0013

6 comments:

  1. Wow, both your lay-out and the card are absolutely fabulous! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing work, I love the technique you used and the border work in the first project is awesome. And the butterfly work is beautiful…loved these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful technique.Love the gorgeous effect.I will try to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool effect!! TFS!!!! χχ!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! so amazing wonderful projects and the tutorial is really cool! I have to try it ))) and also love your butterfly - it's unique!

    ReplyDelete