Today I am showcasing a layout Jane created for Graphic45.
"This was a layout I did for CHA in July.
I fell in love with the strong colours of Magic of Oz as soon as I saw it.
The paper, Emerald City was a favorite straight away. As soon as I saw it, I wanted to make a frame from the paper.
It was the tab shape in the top left and bottom two corners which gave me the clue. I cut the frame from two sheets as I needed the left and bottom piece twice to make one frame. I didn't want the corner of the balloon or the clock to show on my frame so I had to join the two pieces together to make one frame.
It is hard to see in my photos but the frame is folded and raised up to make a box.
You need to look photo of the paper carefully to see where I cut it. I cut along the emeralds, under this line there is a light print green strip and then a strip of light green and dark green. I cut all four strips together to give me a wide frame. I cut the corners around the shape back to the first printed strip each side. I then bent alone the light green strip and the dark strip to create a open sided tube! ( this is getting quite technical)
The dark green strip was glued down to my page and the light green strip is on the inside edge of my frame. The two pattern strips are on the top of my frame, totally confused!
I know I am.
You can see from the photo above where I joined the two frames together to make one.
It is joined in the top left corner and bottom right corner.
I used the back of Goblin Gazette for the base of the layout.
I love Imaginarium Designs Chipboard, so I used lots of it on this layout. Clocks, steampunk clock, fine ferns, flourishes, corners, title and more all got layered on this layout.I started with two flourishes inked black. The big clock is inked with Tim Holtz Ranger Distress ink - Peeled Paint. The fern is inked with brilliance in a lighter green. The smaller clock is inked with Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Dusty Concord and sprayed with iridescent spray.
I cut the words wicked from the"wicked" print paper and placed them around my frame
The flower head I inked with peeled paint and added glitter to it to give it a sparkle.
The steampunk clock was backed with a clock from the back of the "wicked" print paper. I used some of the metal flowers from Graphic 45. I love these flowers and I used one of Graphic 45's big brads as well for the flower center.
I had the perfect photo for this layout. It is one of Leah taken at her 18th birthday.
She had made her own dress including the wings, she is very talented and artistic.
I knew that the photo would be perfect for the layout, but the quality was poor and the colour shocking, but it was the only one I had. I got John at Imaginarium Designs to do the title Magic to finish the layout off. I will add some journaling when the layout comes back from USA. I like to add very personal jouraling and don't like sharing it with everyone, so I leave the journaling off my work. "
OMG!!! Wow Jane - that is one amazing piece of work!
Thanks for sharing that tutorial with us!
DONT FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT TO GO IN THE DRAW FOR FREE CHIPBOARD TOO!
Have a great day