Thursday, June 14, 2018

June Black and White Month- Sandi Spink

Hi everyone, June is the month of Black and White and it's great time with the winter months upon us to sit down and have some art time for ourselves.


I have a fantastic group of crafty friends who I love going to retreats with and occasionally we get to have fun taking photos in one of those fun photo booths. In this photo you can see I was having a blast with my besties Fiona Paltridge, and Imagination Designs DT member Natalie May.


I rolled black acrylic paint onto a piece of white cardstock 12"x12" with a brayer and when dry used  a makeup sponge loaded with white acrylic paint over our triangle stencil. The train track chippie was cut up into thin long pieces and painted black as well as the circles and diamonds chippie. The photo was placed on layers of black and white printed and stamped papers and circular phrases from a small paper stack from my stash. The page was finished with the title made from #awesome and small alphabet chippie painted black and of course some white splates.



Isobel lower case IDA0010

Circles and diamonds IDS0091
IDW0094 #instagram etc.

Train Track border IDB0006

Triangles Stencil IDMM002



I haven't make cards for a while and my stocks are getting low so I thought would make one to share with you. 



On a folded piece of card stock I placed some black and white acrylic paint on opposite sides and using a brayer to cover the card front. While it was drying using my new Dina Wakley stamp set and archival black ink I stamped an image onto another piece of white card stock adding a flesh pink watercolour wash to add a touch of colour to my card. The chipboard was covered with black acrylic paint and I used the stencil with white and black on opposite sides of the card. I layered black and white printed or stamped papers and black chipboard under the cat person. The crosses were traced with white correction ink and the edge of the card were finished off with a black ink drawn frame. All cards need a phrase, I chose a great quote from the amazing Dr Seuss.




Cross Hatch IDD0056
Loolobelle's Piechart and heart embellishments48 IDD0046
Crosses Stencil IDMM006

The last piece I'd like to share is another 12"x12" layout. This one pictures my youngest daughter, the striking contrast between the black and white was perfect to complement the photo.


The main section of this pieces was placed on a A4 piece of white cardstock. I used a brayer to spread black acrylic paint across the page and then placed a Kaszazz sketchy face stamp into some acrylic paint and stamped black onto one side of the black section and white onto the black section. I traced the white section with white correction ink and more of the black paint to cover the #selfie chippie. The hexagons and cross hatch chippie were painted with acrylic white, I then stamped some black script over the hexagons.
criss cross frame 1 IDDL0008
IDW0094 #instagram etc.

Loolobelle's nested hexagons IDD0017
Hope you were inspired by the different ways to use the Imaginarium Designs Chipboard and new stencils. Happy creating. 




No comments:

Post a Comment