Thursday, April 26, 2018

Where does the Time Go!

I am sorry everyone.

I have been busy doing stocktake, sorting out boxes and spending time with my grandchildren. I have just lost track of the days and now it's the 26th and I am a couple of days behind this month. So todays post is a catch up which means it's going to be amazing.

 

 April's Colour of the Month is Green and the design team ladies have been making the most amazing projects. I am going to share three of our ladies projects today and another couple in a day or two.

First up is Sonia.

She has made a beautiful vintage looking tag, and as always and set it up beautifully in a perfectly chosen frame.  

I just love this tag of Sonia, there is just the right amount of bits and pieces, carefully chosen and perfectly placed to create a very special keepsake.

Here is what Sonia has to say about her tag.

 Green is such a calming and beautiful colour to work with. I used this gorgeous colour to create one of my favourite things - a tag!! One of the Tags from Imaginarium Designs 'Backing Tag Set', I used for my base.

IDS0086 Backing Tag Sets

This was covered with a vintage green paper and distressed. The embellishments I chose works great with green being one of nature’s most abundant colours and the flowers and bird pair up beautifully.


Denise's chipboard Flourish was heat embossed in old gold and peaks out from the floral cluster.  

IDD002 Denise's Flourish 1 Medium

I added a chipboard Butterfly. It adds dimension and movement to the tag and was the perfect finishing touch.

IDT0014 4 Butterflies in a board.  

Sonia's tag is beautiful and would look lovely hanging on a wall. I really do love miniature projects and this one is another favourite of mine.

Thank you Sonia for sharing your tag with us.

Next up is Tracey who has a special layout for us.

Tracey makes the most beautiful layouts and this one is amazing.

Just look at the way Tracey has put this page together. There is so much happening but still beautifully balanced. For a start her background is wonderful - texture paste, paint and paper strips all working together.

Here is what Tracey has to say about her Layout.

To create the background for my layout for this months theme, I layered pieces of green paper in strips, placed a thin layer of white gesso over the paper strips, then using the ID Triangles Stencil IDMM002, and texture paste added more dimension and texture to the background. Once dried I spritzed two colours of green in slightly different shades and a splash of gold.

For the stunning New ID flourishes I used a gilded wax in gold and olive green. It was an easy way to colour the chipboard as you just use your fingers and gently rub the wax over the chipboard.

I love the flowers Tracey has chosen and the way she cleverly puts them together.

Finally for the ID chipboard word capture, I have used white embossing powder. I wanted to use the white to help make the titles of my layout pop. Embossing powder works so well on the chipboard.

IDW0076 Capture, Moment and Smile.

Isn't this the most stunning layout. Tracey is a master at layouts, they always are very detailed with lots of lovely bits and pieces, all carefully chosen and carefully placed.  Her photo still remains the focus of her layout and is cleverly framed with a circle of string. Her chipboard title really pops on the page and is the perfect finishing touch.

Thank you so much Tracey for sharing your beautiful layout with us.

 


Last up is Karyn who also has a layout for us.

 Karyn is so good at creating mixed media layouts. Her work has  a simplistic look to it, but having seen her teach I know that this is not the case. Just look at Karyn's background. Slashes of paint and splatters of ink make for a perfect foundation. 

Here is what Karyn has to say about her layout.  

I've created a scrapbook page for this challenge where I've done some stash busting and found then used old supplies I've been hoarding!!
I started by using white cardstock and used a spatula to swipe different shades of green paint (Dylusions paints) across my page.
Once this had thoroughly dried (which did take some time as the paint was thick in places).


 I started work on my page. I took a chevron bag and tore a large piece off to mat my photo on.


How cool is this title! Jane recently sent us each a mystery pack of chipboard and I received a few titles I haven't previously seen – let me tell you there are so many to choose from and it’s a quick and fabulous way to add a title to your page.

 In the top left and bottom right I added these strips of chipboard from lou's frame and bars I love the look of these bars.


 IDD0052 Loolabells Frame and Bars.

 

Karyn has also used some of Lou's chipboard crosses. Some of our arrows and a couple of our smaller words. She has kept all her chipboard raw and they add the perfect finishing touches.  To finish her page, Karyn has added her own personal journaling and the perfect photo.

IDD0050 Loolabelles Freaky Peep Crosses.

Thanks so much Kayrn for sharing your lovely layout with us. I admire Karyns layouts, she always gets the right balance of mixed media and scrapbooking on her layouts. She often works on a white background which keeps her layouts looking fresh and simple.

 

I will be back in a day or two with the projects we have received from you for our colour of the month and some more projects from the design team.

Thanks for looking

Catch you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment