Sunday, June 4, 2017

June Projects with Belinda Spencer

Hi everyone!

Belinda here with you today to share a layout and a card I have created using some fabulous Imaginarium Designs chipboard.

'Beautiful You' Layout


So this layout is my take on the current June challenge at Kraft Plus featuring kraft cardstock plus ONE colour (a touch of white was allowed). I chose RED to match the photo of my daughter in her Christmas outfit.


I had the idea that I wanted to add all of my chipboard pieces to my layout before I added the colour so that's what I did. I glued the frame, butterfly and flourish on before spritzing my layout with water followed by Red Kaisermist and a bit more water.

I dried it all off with a heat gun and then decided that the colour had soaked in to the chipboard a bit too much and wasn't nearly bright enough for my liking. So I grabbed a red Gelato and added some more vibrant colour. I blended it with my finger, spritzed on a little water and blended a bit more.


I coloured the heart and the title with the Gelato too before layering everything else ontop of the chipboard. I love the way it turned out and think I might make a whole rainbow of layouts using this colour stained technique.

Here's what I used:

IDS0059 Monarch Butterfly


IDFL0030 Merrilee Flourish


IDD0053 Loolabelle's Frame


IDW0072 Beautiful Delightful Wonderful


Next up I have a card that I created for my daughter's recent birthday. Twelve!!!! She turned TWELVE!! I'm not sure that has really sunk in yet. 

'12' Card


This was a really quick and easy card to put together using some co-ordinating patterned papers and embellishments. I wanted to frame the balloon and the brand new chipboard frame was the perfect fit.


I heat set the frame and the star burst with a gold tinsel embossing powder for some added sparkle to the card.


I covered the numbers with matching patterned paper and sanded the edges just until they were smooth.

Here's what I used:

IDD0054 Loolabelle's Star Bursts


IDN0001 Numbers

Thanks for stopping by today to check out my projects. I hope you will pop back tomorrow to see the loveliest of creations by Miriam.

Cheers
Belinda

2 comments:

  1. I think you could make any colour look amazing!!
    Cute card for your twelvie - our youngest is almost 17... it just whizzes past!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO STUNNING 😳 Just Beautiful Belinda ❤️

    ReplyDelete