Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Guest Designer Krisy ... Journal Lovin....

Hi Imaginarium Lovelies,

It's Krisy back for another month of Guest Design Team Shares.

Today I am sharing a Journal Cover I made.
This is the first of a Series of three.
I like to create these sorts of projects in twos and threes so I have choice as to the best one.
As it turns out this was the first one I created and the best one for the job.

Here is my Journal Cover:

This cover is comprised of lots of layers of paper and cardboard really.  
Then for more depth I added some ink to all the edges of the layers. 
 Once all my layers were sorted I added some embossed chipboard.  
To the chipboard I embossed them all at least three times.  
I used two different colours in a dusty pink and gold.  
The colours match the colours of the papers but also stand out due to the amount of shine.  
I used quite a few different chipboard pieces for this as they all helped tie the whole thing together.  

I knew I wanted to call this series the "Domestic Goddess" and by chance the paper range I decided to use by 7 Dots Studio was also called this so it was mean to be.  
For the title I used chipboard that complimented the theme behind my series that being the 
Domestic Goddess. So, I chose "Fairytale Ending".  
Without the cleaning I think this could possibly be a fairytale ending plus
 Cinderella had to start somewhere right?!

Here are a few close ups...

The three layers of embossing powder makes sure the colour is vibrant and glossy. 
You can really see how chunky and shiny it is in this photo.




Here is a list of all the products I used.
Fairytale Ending Product Code: IDP0172
Loolabelle's Cherry Product Code:IDDL00013
Denises Trellis with Flourish Product Code: IDD0008
Denises Oval Art Product Code: IDD0047
Embellishment 8 Product Code: IDS0014


Thanks for stopping by and do let me know what you think.

Krisy xx




__

2 comments:

  1. More than beautiful. Great colors and love the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This journal cover is divine!! LOVE the colors and the sheen is yummy!! Truly magnificent and stunning!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete