Saturday, September 10, 2016

September Inspiration from Leonie Neal-Dawson



Hello and welcome to the Imaginarium Designs Chipboard blog.  Leonie Neal-Dawson with you today sharing a few scrapbooking layouts I've completed recently, all featuring lots of our awesome chipboard pieces. 

My first page features Imaginariums' 'Triangles on a board' and 'Loolabelles Callouts' which i've used to embellish my page.  I've also used the title piece 'Love This' and the cute 'Isobel Numbers' to add the year 2016 to my page.


Before we move on to the close ups I just wanted to share a little about my process when I'm designing a new page.  You may do something similar or perhaps this is just my quirky way of going about planning a page but if it provides a helpful hint to someone then that's good too.  
I often take photographs of the planning stages of pages as I find when I look at what I have laid out on my phones' screen it helps me to make decisions about the direction I want to head.  So I have a couple of those photos to share today.

So, I nearly always start with the photo that I want to scrap, here I have my Daughter, Sister and Niece on top of the Sydney harbour bridge!  I chose some chipboard that I wanted to add and a title and here it's just laid out on my craft mat to give me an idea of the general look of the page.
I haven't decided on colours or anything as yet - just getting a feel for the placement of the main components of my page. 


Next up you can see I've decided to use white cardstock and some texture with stencils and texture paste.  You can see I've rearranged the chipboard a little differently and also added some extra chipboard pieces - some of which don't make it to the final page - it's a constantly changing process as I'm sure you're aware. 
 By this stage I've made the decision that I want the background to be blue like their jumpsuits and I wanted to add some grey accents to also match their jumpsuits and the city skyline in the background.
There you go, I know it's only a couple of photo's but I hope it gives you an idea of some of the processes I use when creating a page.


As the Callouts are cut through to form several pieces I've coloured each piece a different colour so the detail is more visible on the page.  I used a white gel and colour markers to add the different colours. 


The triangles were painted with Broken China Distress Paint and Gel Pen to add an outline.




My background for this page is made up of various stencils and texture paste, I then added Kaisermists and some stamping.  The 'Love This' title was painted with Distress Paint and a doodled outline with white gel pen.







The second page I have to share today is made using one of my favourite stencils by Dear Lizzy on the background.   To contrast against the yellows and orange/reds of the background I used the Dina Wakley paint 'Night' which is a deep navy blue to colour most of the chipboard I used on this page. 
Along with some bubble wrap stamping with the same paint and assorted blue papers and embellishments from my stash my page was completed. 









My final page today features the large size of 'Nat's Square' border.  I've added texture paste to the chipboard and left it white.  Then going on to colour the Happy Memories title and starburst in a vibrant Distress Paint 'Twisted Citron'.









Thanks for stopping by the Imaginarium Designs Chipboard blog, don't forget to leave a comment and you will go in the draw for a pack of our lovely chipboard.

Cheers, Leonie Neal-Dawson.



SaveSave
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. This trio of layouts are so pretty! I especially love the background on the second layout!! Fantastic!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete