Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Colourful Canvas and a Layout...

Hello everyone! It's Julianne here, sharing some very colourful inspiration today.
Let's start with a canvas! 

This entire canvas came about as an experiment for different techniques and ideas that I have been learning from watching various mixed-media videos. I simply wanted to practice some of the things I had learnt. For example, I did a lot of my outlining and shading with Pan Pastels and water. Yes, I used them just like a paint. And I created the branches from tissue paper and Mod Podge. Not to mention all the embossing I did with both embossing powders and embossing enamels. And those little heart shaped feathers on the owl's face - I created those with Liquid Pearls. 


I really had no plans, guidelines or expectations. The only thing I knew was that I wanted to create an owl, and that I wanted to use bright colours. Once I had the outline of the owl drawn, I realised that I could fill the centre with embossed and layered gold cogs to create a grunge-steampunk-mechanical image. But I also wanted it to be feminine, hence all the flowers, sparkle and bling.  


There are two things that I really love about canvases. One is that I get to use up a lot of old rub-ons, and two, is that there are no mistakes. If you make a mistake, you can just paint over it and start again. Can you guess how many mistakes have been made on this canvas? Let's just say it's probably more than you think! 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED: 





Now, you may have heard that this month, Imaginarium Designs and the White With 1 challenge site have joined forces for some creative play. So today, I am sharing the layout I have created for the White With 1 June challenge. For more details, and to see the creations from our amazing team, just click here


"YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING"
To create the background, I clear embossed with a stencil, then sprayed a fine red mist on top. Next I added some texture stamping, and a couple of rub-ons. I then cut the Moroccan piece in half, before adding ink and clear embossing. The corners, balloons, and embellishments have been embossed with red glitter embossing powder to add extra shine and sparkle. 


I painted the flourishes with white gesso, then sprayed them with a red mist (Heidi Swapp Color Shine). Once dry, I lightly added black ink in random places. 


I kept the title simple. I painted it with white gesso, before adding a coat of Chandelier Glimmer Glam (Tattered Angels). This added a touch of glitter and sparkle without overwhelming the entire layout.

Here you can see the gorgeous sparkle and texture from the glitter embossing powder. 

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:








Thank-you for stopping by and joining me! I hope I have inspired you to have some fun with Imaginarium Designs chipboard and a little colour! And I would love to see your entry for the White With 1 challenge - don't forget to share your entries with us (we even have a gallery where you can post them - right here).

And if you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: JULES THE BLING PRINCESS

Keep on scrapping,
Cheers xxx


1 comment: