Monday, December 31, 2018

Last Post for 2018

Hello Everyone
Running a bit late with my post today, so please forgive me. Just trying to get a lot done before the new year starts and running out of hours.
Decembers Colour of the Month was Gold and today I want to share a project by Sue before showing you the entries I received.
This is the last project I received from the design team and as you can tell from the photos that it is one of Sue Smyth's stunning work. In keeping with keeping the Christmas spirit alive until
January 1st,  I decided that this was the project I wanted to finish the year with.
Here is what Sue has to say about her project.
I saw this kaisercraft wooden angel and thought it wiould be perfect for altering. But I wanted to keep it pretty simple.

 

So I have adhered ID chipboard all over the base of the wood and used a 3d face for the top, the wings I have used liquid pearls to mark out.
 
Once covered I have painted it black and dried it off, then I have covered with layers of Vintage gold Art Alchemy wax, I have also added in a bit of copper to vary the colour and some of the Art Alchemy opals for subltle shine (hard to see here) when I have finished with the mediums, I added a big bit of bling, which is a must for Christmas

I think she looks lovely on my Christmas table this year, don't you?
Yes I do think she looks lovely and to nice to put away, you need to find a special place for her in your home.
Thank you Sue for sharing this with us.


I would like to thank everyone who sent us an entry for our monthly challenges over this year. It was delightful to receive them and see how everyone had creatively used our chipboard.
I did wonder how many of you would find time to do a project for December. It is really a busy time of the year with so much happening.
So, thanks to Annie, Maureen and Robyn who found the time to send me their layouts.
First up is Annie Mckell.

 
Annie has really got into the Christmas Spirit with her layout, look at all the gold and glitter she has on her page, it is really beautiful. She has used some of our stars and one of our flourishes. I love the way she has clustered her flowers and berries around her photo.
Thank you Annie for your Lovely Christmas Layout.
 
Next up is Maureen Wood.
 


Maureen also has done a Lovely Christmas layout featuring her Oldest Granddaughter.
 Maureen used Imaginarium mistletoe pieces, which she inked in gold with green leaves with red gems. The Christmas wish piece, she also inked in green, as Maureen found the gold did not stand out against the gold and white straws. 
Thank you Maureen for such a lovely layout. Your granddaughter is lovely and it really is a beautiful photo of her.

Lastly Robyn Bilyk sent us this lovely project.



It looks like everyone is having fun. I love the touch of gold on her layout. Robyn has used one of our beautiful chipboard flourish's  and matched up the flowers on her page with the flowers in her photo.  The gold doyley is an extra nice touch.
Thanks ladies for sending me your layouts, I will be sending you a bundle of chipboard to play with.
I will be back again tomorrow and the rest of this week saying Good Bye to the Ladies leaving our team. There are a few who are choosing to move on.
They will be sadly missed.
Hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve.
See  you in 2019!
Jane



1 comment:

  1. Wishing you all a very happy New Year.
    May the coming year be special in every way… bringing you the gift of love and excitement.
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete