Monday, October 29, 2018

Where has this Month Gone!

Hello Everyone
Where has this month gone. Is anyone else having the same problem? The months are just flying past and I am not sure what to do to slow them down.
So it's nearly the end of the month and I have missed two posts where I get to show off the amazing projects that my wonderful design team have made for you all.
Today I am going to share two quite different projects by two of my super talented design team ladies.
First up is Sonia.Thomason
Sonia has made a canvas using lots of bits and pieces. I really love this style of scrapbooking and is close to my heart as I have been doing Patchwork pieces for canvas's for over 10 years.
Sonia's is quite different,  hers is a shabby chic canvas celebrating her wedding day. It is just beautiful and the touches of blue are perfect without being too heavy.
It is just stunning and so special, the perfect way to celebrate such an important celebration. 

Here is what Sonia has to say about her canvas.

 I've gone for touches of blue on a Wedding canvas for this month. October happens to be our anniversary month so it's always lovely to look back at our wedding photos!

 

 
I adore the small frames as they are so versatile! I used two slightly different shapes on this canvas - IDT0011 and IDT0012 (both called Brackets on Oval Frame).
 


 The title ' the look of love' (IDP0210) has a stunning mixture of fonts that adds a touch of elegance to the canvas.
All of the chipboard has been heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Thank you so much Sonia for such a lovely project. I do really love it! and it is my privilege to be able to share it with everyone.


Next up is something quite different from the amazingly talented Sue Symth
Sue has something quite different to share and I got to see this last week when Sue and I spent a bit of the day together when she visited Adelaide.


While Sue would be the first to say that its not everyone's cup of tea, you do have to admit that it is pretty amazing.  So many beautiful colours and little bits and pieces. It is quite heavy and really stunning. It's so "Sue" and I know she just loves it.
Here is what Sue has to say about her project.

 My project this month is a very practical one.I was sick of paying money for quirky phone cases only for them to break. so I though why not make my own,  and this matches my glasses case.


I have adhered chipboard and trinkets with a good layer of gel medium, then let it set for a day or two to really harden up. Because gel medium stays fexible when dry it is perfect for a phone case, which will have some wear and tear issues.



Then I have painted over with black gesso and from there added cobalt inka gold, blue and purple magicals and of course finish with some Vintage gold and Rich copper alchemy waxes.



 My case ended up a little on the purple side, rather than blue, but I can correct that if I want to, even after it is finished, by rubbing in some more inka gold cobalt. But since blue and purple are related in the colour wheel I am not too worried




Now to get this through airport security lol.
 
Well Sue managed to get it through Security, I do wonder what they thought of it.
Like I mention before, I did get to see her phone and it is amazing.
The deign team projects always are stunning and I would love to be able to see them all and "touch" them - the photo's don't always do them justice or show the amount of work involved.
So thanks so much Sue for sharing your phone cover with us.


 I will be back tomorrow with another couple of design team projects for you all.
Now that October is nearly over, my life will settle down.
This month I spend a week cooking for a camp, then spent a week helping my son pack up, clean and landscape a rental property he was moving out of. He is back home with us with his two dogs!. And to cap it off, I cooked lunch for about 900 people - spent a week sick and had a birthday.
So glad November is nearly here!
See you tomorrow.
Jane

1 comment: