Saturday, June 30, 2018

It's the last Day of the Month.

Hello Everyone
It's the end of the month again and we are now half way through the year.
I don't know about you, but this year is just flying past at a great speed. Each end of the month just comes around way too fast.
Our theme colour for this month was Black and White.


Our design team ladies all did the most amazing black and white projects.  During the month I missed a post featuring the design teams projects. I really need a 31st of June, but as there is not one, this post is going to be a bit longer than I planned.
So first up is Karyn who has done a "full on" tutorial.
Here is what she has to say about her layout.
 

The June Colour of the month at Imaginarium Designs chipboard is "Black and White"!!!
I've created a scrapbook page for this challenge, and I've kept my whole project Black and White only. I've used a photo of me taken in the snow - it definitely was a Magical Moment! 

I started with a sheet of white cardstock and swiped black Dylusions paint across in places.
Next I added strips of  paper from the Paper House Productions "ColorWays Noir collection". At this stage I stuck my photo down and then added embellishments around it. 
I coloured my chipboard firstly with a black marker then added a coat of glossy accents. 
Here are a few close ups. I added parts of the chipboard boarder on either side of my photo, then added some flowers and flair.

 
 
In the bottom left corner I added a few flowers and some word stickers from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology small talk sticker book.
Lastly I added some splatters of black paint. 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

IDP0214 Magical Moment
 
IDFL0014 Jessica Flourish
 Thank you so much Karyn for the wonder tutorial explaining so well how you created your layout.  Karyn's work shows a simplicity of style which takes quite a bit of work to achieve. I love her layotus and once again she has created a beautiful layout using Black and white with just a touch of colour.
Perfectly Perfect in every way. 
 

Next up is Solange.
Solange is a master at mixed media and off the page projects. She always delights us with her wonderful work. Just look at what she has design for this month's Black and White Theme.

Here is what Solange has to say about her project.

I've created an altered bottle using the beautiful Imaginarium Designs chipboards. I think black and white so elegant!!

 
I've glued the chipboards on the bottle and then I covered all of the bottle with black chalkpaint. Then I've applied white chalk on the chipboards.

 What a lovely detail around the neck of Solange's bottle. Perfect choice of string, braid with a touch of white, which  Solange has added in the flower, it perfectly lifts the starkness of her beautiful bottle and really sets off her chipboard butterfly.



I love the way Solange has added more detail at the bottom of her bottle. The black chalk paint with the white paint over the top is just beautiful and adds a lovely aged and distress feel to her project. Once again a lovely off the page project. I am  going to have a go at making a few of these for a spot in my home.
thanks so much for sharing your bottle with us Solange.
 
Next up is Sonya.
 
Once again Sonya has made a stunning framed tag. I just love her work and her tags are always my favourite. She just seems to know instinctively how to layer everything and always choses the perfect embellishments. 
Here is what she has to say about her tag.
 
 It's no secret I adore making tags and the Backing Tags set (IDS0086) makes it so easy to create them! I used the larger of the two tags and covered it in a distressed black paper. 

Next I took the gorgeous Janice Flourish and heat embossed it in white to create a strong, crisp white finish. Adding the flourish to the side adds fabulous dimension to the tag.

 After adding my embellishments I finished with the Thank You title  which I inked in Black Soot.
 
 IDP00232  Thank You (4 in a board).
 
IDFL0026 Janice Flourish.
 
 
Once again Sonia has created a mini master piece in the form of a tag. I just love these smaller projects Sonia makes. It is like a mini layout in a frame and a cluster of these would make a lovely eclectic display on a wall.
Thank you Sonia for once again for your lovely tag project.
 
Hasn't the design team made the most amazing Black and White projects. I can't wait to see what they come up with next months colour challenge - which will be a bit of a challenge as I am sure that it will not be everyone's favourite colour!
I will be back tomorrow with the colour reveal and some design team projects to inspire you.
So we received quite a few  Black and White projects from you our followers. It is just lovely to see what you all come up with and how you use our chipboard.
 First up is Anne-Maree Campbell.
 Anne-Maree has used lots of our beautiful flourishes on her layout. She has layered lots of pretty papers onto her page, then placed a couple of chipboard pieces tucked under her photo. Anne-Maree has created two lovely flower clusters each side of her photo and tucked in a couple more chipboard flourishes under them. I love the way each flower element creates a frame around her photo.
Thank you Anne-Maree for your lovely layout.


Annie McKill also sent us two lovely layouts. I think this one is my favourite. She has chosen 2 beautiful photos and created the perfect layout to showcase them. I love her cluster of chipboard gears/cogs and I love the way she has distressed her cogs and title. 

 
This is Annie's other layout. Again another beautiful black and white layout with a touch of cream. She has chosen a beautiful photo for her layout. Annie has used one of our chipboard title, small oval frame and a flourish. By laying her papers and lace, Annie has created a lovely frame for her photo to sit on. Her choice of flowers in her cluster look beautiful on her black back ground.
Thank you Annie for your 2 lovely layouts. 


June Tibaldi send us this gorgeous layout. I do love her photo, what a cute smile.  June has used one of our titles and two flourishes.  June has added some textured paste to create a bit of a brick wall then added some paint rings. I love the way she has clustered her flowers and lace to create the perfect background for her chipboard title. A really lovely layout for one very "Cheeky Monkey".
Thanks June for sharing this with us.



Karen Evans sent us this lovely "Black and White with a twist of colour" layout. She has chosen a photo of  a very cute girl for her layout. . I love the way she has painted her chipboard title white and  matted her chipboard title with black to help it stand out. A really beautiful bright layout which I am sure the person it is for will treasure. Thank you Karen for sharing your layout with us.

 
We received this lovely black and white vintage layout from Pat Evans. I love her photo, the couple in it look so happy. Pat has added strips of print paper and some textured paste to her layout to create the background for her photo. One of our chipboard flourishes adds the perfect touch.  Thank you Pat for your lovely layout.
 
 Margret Aitken  has used some of my favourite chipboard corners on her stunning layout. I love the embossed panel at the bottom of her layout along with the die cut roses. A lovely photo of one of her friends sits perfectly in the middle of her layout, which the die cut roses and our chipboard corners  frame perfectly.

This is another layout from Margret  . Two very cute photos with our chipboard title look lovely on her page. A beautiful cluster of flowers along with a small chipboard butterfly finish this page nicely. Margret sent us three layouts and I have chooses my two favourite to share with you. Thank you Margret for taking part in our monthly challenges and I am glad you are enjoying them.

Penny Powell sent us two layouts as well. Here is what she has to say about her first layout.
There is a black and white page using Lazy Summer Days IDP0121 and a flourish out of my prize pack embossed in Zing white and leaves IDFL0018 painted in green using metallic building polish.
Photo is my daughter and her children. I have stencilled my background used a zipper, metal flourish and some flowers.


For this layout  I have used Time to remember IDP0078, small clock IDS0036, Steam punk clock IDS0030 and some flourishes out of my prize pack all painted with pearl building polish. I have stencilled the background and the photo is my granddaughters fiancĂ© a special photo as rarely out of shorts and t shirt.
Thank you Penny for two very special layouts. So glad you are enjoying taking part in our month challenges. Thanks for sharing.




 So this one was too hard to just choose two winners, so can you all email me at
sales@imaginariumdesigns.com.au with your addresses and I will post you all a bundle of chipboard as a thank you.
See you all tomorrow with our July Colour of the Month Reveal.
thanks for looking
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment