Tuesday, May 1, 2018

It's May - and our colour of the Month is....

 
Hello Everyone.
It's May already - why is this year going past so fast! I keep feeling the year  has only just started.
For May I have chosen the Colour PINK.


May is also an important Month for most of us. It is the month we celebrate our Mothers, Mom's or Mum's depending on where we live. I would love to know what you call your Mum if you don't use the three I have listed here. Leave me a comment and let me know.
For some of us - we get to spoil our Mum and tell her how important she is. For some of us - it is a time to remember a loved Mum,  one no longer with us. For a few of us, it is a time to forgive and let go of hurts inflicted by someone who should have loved us and protected us.
So we are wanting more of you to get involved in our month challenge and send us a layout or tag or anything featuring your Mum and using our chipboard. I will share it here on our blog and send you a lovely bundle of our chipboard. Please send me your project by the 23rd of May. You can email it to me at sales@imaginarimdesigns.net.au
I would love to hear from you all. If you don't want to do a project, then just leave a comment on one of the design teams post here on our blog or facebook and you could win a bundle of chipboard - it is that easy.

So today I have the pleasure of sharing with you 2 stunning cards and a tag that the Wonderful Wendy has made.


I just love this tag. I must confess to liking fairies. In a previous life I did paper tole for 9 years and must have done over 500 framed paper tole fairies. So Wendy's tag is a nice reminder of that time.  Just look at the fussy cutting involved. I really love the way she has her fairies placed - the one peaking round her tag is just gorgeous.



I love the finish on her chipboard. She has used one of my favourite embossing powders. But I will let her tell you what she has done

For our "Pink" theme this month I have decided to go with a more dusty pink rather than a bold bright pink. I have created 2 gatefold cards and a big tag using 49 & Market papers which are lovely to handle and lend themselves really well to fussy cutting! For the chipboard this month I was super excited to dig out my stampendous "Aged Rose" & "Aged Green" embossing powders which I hadn't used in so long. I had forgotten how beautiful the finish is with this product.


 Wendy has used one of our new chipboard wrought Iron designs for the front of her card.


Inside her card there is more fussy cutting.



Here you can really see the embossing powder. Stampendous Aged embossing powder is magic in a jar. It is made up of different powders which all come to together when you heat it. The trick it to shake it before you use it, as the powders tend to settle when stored.  Wendy has used Aged Rose and looking at her chipboard word, you can see the Rose and Gold embossing powders that are mixed together.



How whimsical are these fairies, I just love the one perched at the top of her card. He looks like he is ready to create some mischief. Again Wendy has used her embossing powder to great effect on one of our borders to frame each side of her lovely card.


 And inside lots more fussy cutting with a beautiful fairy child. It must have taken Wendy ages to carefully cut this little lady out.

Again another piece of our beautiful chipboard with the Aged Rose embossing powder finish.
I think that these are the most beautiful set of cards and tag that Wendy has ever made for us. I just love them and they are way to special to give away. They deserve to be framed and displayed for everyone to enjoy.
Thank you so much Wendy for all the work you have put into your projects for us and thank you for sharing them.
 

 

Sue also has done a whimsical themed project with a cherub or is it a baby fairy - you decide!

 
I will let Sue tell you what she has done as her work is amazing and I can only guess at how she has put it all together!

Pink is not a colour that I tend to work with often, not because I dont like it , but because I find it hard to find the shades of pink I like.
 
 
So this time I have found Art Alchemy sparks paint and I like the softness of that pink and was inspired to make this little egg shaped plaque.

 
The little baby is resin and it sits in a "nest" made with the oval chipboard swirly frame.

 
Then for the baby wings, I have used a solid chipboard butterfly and covered it with flitter glue and gliding flakes for a sparkly set of wings, I like to cover the gliding with dimensional magic too for a gloss
shine.

I have painted one of the large chipboard butterflies with Art Alchemy gold paint and then flicked it with a little of the purple, I love the sparkly character of these paints.
What a clever use of our chipboard, I love the large butterfly Sue has used and the finish she has given the chipboard.
Sue is the master of the "off the Page - fantasy and whimsical". Her work is amazing and many hours are spent creating these often small works of art.
Thank you for sharing this little beauty with us today.


 
 Thanks for looking.
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Love the inspiration Mother's day for me is about remembering. I love the fairy's as it reminds that someone is watching over me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving the amazing creations on this page, and I'm off to look for that brilliant paper xxxxx there's a lot of debate happening here.about your competition. Thanks for an entertaining Friday night. Xxx

    ReplyDelete