Friday, May 4, 2018

Artist in Training with Tracey

Hi Everyone,

Where is this year going? Can't believe we are already into May. At least the weather is getting cooler which means that when the weather is not so great outside it is a fantastic excuse to scrap until my heart is content.   This month I have three very different projects to share. I have created a layout, journal page and card. 


The Great Escape

My first project is a layout using a scenic photo that I took from a family holiday last year camping in the very relaxing Kalbarri.





To create the background I used white gesso, ID Kate Stencil IDMM005  with texture paste, Prima Marketing Colour Bloom sprays, texture stamps, and washi tape.
For the ID Clock and Compass I used rusting paste and then cut it in half and placed in under the photo as the starting point for my clusters. For the  Butterfly and the title The Great Escape I used a copper embossing powder to colour the ID Chipboard. 





Artist In training

This project I have to share with you this month is very different to my normal projects. I am absolutely fascinated by art journals but I really need to step out of my comfort zone to experiment and give art journals ago. For this project I have used lots of ID stencils.

I have to apologise as my photo of my journal layout is not the best..I had my fury friend Bailey being assistant photographer!





I created the background by using three colours and creating a blocks of colour. Then to bring all the blocks of colour together I have then used ID stencils Clock Face StencilCrosses Stencil IDMM006 ,Triangles Stencil IDMM002  and a contrasting paints.
For the Imaginarium Designs phrase "Artist in Training" I have used a black paint to colour the chipboard.



Wedding Card

My final project I have to share is a card. I like to do square cards mainly which I think is because it is a mini 30x30 layout without the photo.





I have used a paper range that all match and layered different papers together. For the stunning ID Frame Wendy Frame IDT0037  I have heat embossed using a copper embossing powder. 


Below is a picture of the Imaginarium Products that I used to create my projects.



 

 



Enjoy your weekend everyone and I look forward to sharing with you my projects next time.

Tracey
xx





1 comment:

  1. Wow Tracey - you have been very busy, love your three projects and thanks so much for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete