Monday, March 5, 2018

Pretty in Pinks and Blues for March

Hi everyone, Sonia here with a little bit of pink and blue creating for March. I am in the process of having a Craft Room clean up but it isn't moving too fast as I keep finding all these goodies that I forgot I had and getting just a little bit distracted! I actually didn't realise how much paper I had stashed away (along with many other bits and pieces!). It has been yet another source of inspiration for me as I find things that I love and the fingers start itching to get creating!
The new Heart chipboards were the source of inspiration for my first layout. I knew I wanted to use both designs together but I wasn't sure how to work them together without taking away from the amazing design of each heart. After a bit of shuffling around this is the result:

You are my everything

Imaginarium Designs products used: New Hearts with Scallop Edge and Love Edge, Merrilee Flourish (IDFL0030), 'You are My Everything' (IDP0129) and Hearts Stencil (IDMM001)
The gorgeous 'You are my everything' title has been heat embossed using white embossing powder. In the background I have also used the new Heart Stencil with some white Texture Paste:

 The beautiful Merrilee Flourish is so elegant and works perfectly with a floral cluster. The soft rounded swirls of the flourish sit well with the scallops on the Heart:
 How gorgeous are these two hearts?!!! I love both of them and by heat embossing them with white embossing powder you get a crisp white finish without losing any of the detail:
 One of the reasons I love chipboard so much is how easy it is to get pieces to work together. As you colour the chipboard yourself, there is no looking around for the right colour or shade that will fit what you are looking for - you just pick the pieces and put on the finish you are looking for

Heart Stencil IDMM001

 'You are my everything' IDP0129

'Merrilee Flourish IDFL0030


For my second layout I used this months colour of the month for my inspiration - Teal

Believe in your dreams

 Imaginarium Designs products used: 'Believe in your Dreams' (IDP0176), Brackets on Oval Frame (IDT0012), Butterflies (IDT0014), 9 Cogs on a Board (IDS0018), one of the new flourishes and the Heart Stencil (IDMM001)
The small oval frame and the detail on the butterfly work beautifully together to finish off this floral cluster. The chipboard has been heat embossed using an aged gold embossing powder:
 This is one of the new shapes that are available soon. So much fabulous detail!
 The mix of fonts on the title are just gorgeous! The chipboard has been inked using Distress inks in Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo
 The small cog works well with the other circular shapes on the layout and helps add movement to the embellishment cluster at the top of the photo. In the background you can see the new Heart Stencil that was used with some white Texture Paste:

IDP0176

IDS0018

IDT0012

 IDT0014

 IDMM001

'Laughter' Tag

Imaginarium Designs products used: Backing Tag Set (IDS0086), Cogs on a Board (IDS0018) and one of the new Flourishes
There are so many gorgeous new pieces coming out and this new Flourish is just divine! 
 All of the chipboard pieces have been heat embossed using an aged Gold embossing powder:

IDS0086

 IDS0018

I hope you get some crafty time this month and get a chance to play with some of the amazing chipboard from Imaginarium Designs!
Sonia x



No comments:

Post a Comment