Saturday, February 17, 2018

Some Masculine Cards with Natalie

Who doesn’t love making and receiving a handmade card?  I love to make girly and pretty floral cards but at the moment, I seem to have a whole lot of them in my stash and not enough masculine ones!
I picked up some new dies from Spellbinders last week and came up with these great manly cards that I colored using Lindy’s Magicals!
Using a combination of Magicals in nice earthy tones, these grungy cards will be perfect for giving to my family & friends for upcoming birthdays.
Here are a few simple and easy steps to create these cards.
I used Mixed Media Cardstock and trimmed to 4×6′ before running them through my Big Shot using a variety of embossing folders.
I went through my collection of Magicals and decided on a range of earthy tones.
Starting with a light color, I gave the paper a light spray of water then quickly sprinkled on some Magicals.
I added a couple more colors before spraying again with water and moving the color around the paper.
I then repeated the process … you can see that I didn’t use much.
Again, spray with water and swish around the page to get a nice coverage.
I used a paint brush to spread the color to the edges.
After doing this a couple of times, I had a collection of ‘drips’ on my work mat so I dragged my paper through them.
This gave the paper a little more depth and stopped me from wasting too much product too.
Swish the color around to spread it out.  I love the way the color sits in the embossed areas.
For the die cuts, I used some watercolor paper and a few earthy tones sprays.
Spray the color directly onto the paper and use a brush to spread it to the edges.
Just before it was dry, I used the drips on the work mat and dabbed the papers so that all the shimmer and mica sat on top of the color .. I then cut my designs.
I colored my chipboard using a black marker and then I then gave them all a light mist with a mix of all the sprays and allowed to dry before giving them a final spray with Blazing Black.
I am loving these cards and they were so simple to make.  Here are a few close-ups for you.

So thanks for stopping by and have a great day

Natalie May


    1 comment: