Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Valentines Day

 
Hello Everyone.

Happy Valentines Day.
Today I am sharing some more beautiful projects from our amazing design team featuring our Colour of the Month - RED

 
So the idea of the "Colour of the Month challenge is for you to come up with a project using our colour of the month, send me some photos and a list of Imaginarium Design chipboard used.  We will show it here on our blog during the month but it must only have our chipboard on it  if you want your project shown.. At the end of the month I will choose two winners. Each winner will receive a bundle of our chipboard worth $50.
 If you want to take part in  our challenge then I will need your photos by the 23rd of the month at the latest, I will announce the winners on the 25th of the month.
Please email your photos to sales@imaginarumdesigns.net.au
I would love to receive some more projects from you for our challenge. 
 
Our first Design Team Share for today is from the Amazing Tracey.
 
 
Tracey has designed a lovely Layout - perfect for Valentines Day and using our Colour of the Month - RED.
 

I love all the layering and the way Tracey has clustered everything around her beautiful photo.
Tracey has given me this description of her layout.


I have created the background for this layout by using a paper that was neutral in colour with black printing. I have primed the paper with clear gesso. I then used textured paste and a heart stencil from Imaginarium new range of stencils to create the base.  I have then sprayed a red ink and water to colour the background.

 

 
 For the chipboard Title I used white embossing powder.
 



IDP0026 Love You Phrase.

 
IDD0070 Nat's Hearts 1 (12 in a board)

 
For the rest of my chipboard - Nat's small hearts, Lou's hearts and the new flourish I have heat embossed them using aged gold powder.

 


 
To tie in all the elements and bring the layout together, I have flicked red and white around the embellishments and used a texture stamp with white ink.
Tracey's layout is just beautiful - I love all the layering she has done, she must have spent quite a bit of time creating her project. Sorting out the flowers, and choosing all the bits and pieces to match takes time. Putting it all together so perfectly is  what Tracey is so great  at.
Thanks Tracey for a lovely layout to inspire us all.
 
Next up is the talented Sandi.
Sandi has done a lovely little red box - perfect for a special Valentines Day gift.
 
 
 
I love anything miniature so Sandi's lovely Little Red box is a favourite of mine.
 
 
Just look at all the little bits and pieces, Sandi has tucked and carefully placed on her box. 
 
 Here is what Sandi has to say about her Little Red Box.
A little box of chocolates is the perfect re-use for gift boxes. I hand painted the box red and white paint. I Layered a torn page from a book on the top of my box with a piece of white painted honeycombe chipboard when on next.


IDS0054 Honeycombe 6x6 inch



I painted some of my chipboard bronze, white and red. I have tucked one of Nat's red painted pinwheels under my flower cluster. I chose a selection of flowers, some of  which I sprayed red. I place them together and tucked one of Lou's bronzed painted Cherry Blossoms under them.  

IDD0041 Nat's Pinwheel.
 
IDD00008 Loolabelle's Cherry Blossom.
 
 





 I added some lace, bling, beads and a bling heart to add depth to my box. You can see my white painted honeycombe chipboard in this photo under my chipboard phrase. To finish my box I trimmed and painted one of my phrases bronze and glued it in the corner.

IDP230 Just for You.
 
I love the way Sandi has allowed some of her bits and pieces to hang off her box.  What a wonderful little keepsake and full of chocolates - the perfect gift.
Thanks for inspiring us today Sandi.
 
Haven't all the design team been busy. So many wonderful and beautiful projects being show on our blog. I just love looking at all the work involved and the way the ladies create their projects.
So have a lovely Valentines Day and I will be back again later on.
Thanks for looking
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Hello!!
    I hope your Valentine is as special to you as you are to me!
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both sweet projects good job girls

    ReplyDelete