Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Introducing the Capturing Precious Family Memories Master that is Karyn Shultz


 Hello Everyone
Today I have the delightful job of  introducing to you all,  the beautiful Karyn Shultz. I have known Karyn for a few years now and she is one of the most genuine and delightful people I know.  I love her work, she does the most charming Project Life, delightful planners and SMASH books. She also is an all rounder when it comes to scrapbooking and mixed media, her cards and layouts have a simplistic feel to them but when you look closely you can see her talent and skill.  I think my favourite Karyn projects are her mini albums. She taught one at  Seriously Scrapbooking's All Day Scrap using Imaginarium Designs chipboard and the feedback we got was amazing. So many of the Ladies were inspired by Karyn's album to make more of them by themselves.

 
I have a couple of images of  one of her Mini Album so you can see for yourselves just how lovely they are.

 
This Mini album is one she did for Christmas, aren't the colours lovely and fresh.
 
 
Although the colours are quite modern, the mini Book has a vintage feel to it.  You can see why this is one of my favourite Karyn Projects.
 
I asked Karyn to do a bit of a bio about herself.
 

I’m a mum to two gorgeous girls (9 and 16) and have an amazing husband who lovingly supports my crafting obsession. I live in the Adelaide Hills in Australia.
I love Scrapbooking, Project Life, Art Journaling, planners, SMASH booking and cardmaking. Crafting allows me to be creative and lets me escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. I love to capture precious family memories on my scrapbooking pages and I love watching my family look though the albums and see their photos and read the journaling.
 I think I should have left out the "Bit", as I am sure you would like to know a little bit more about her. She does live in the Adelaide Hills in a beautiful country town. Karyn has been on many Design teams over the years and has a cupboards full of embellishments, stamps and papers but still can't resist new releases! She has been with Imaginarium Designs for a few years now.


 Karyn quite often uses our chipboard raw, which I love, it makes it look fresh and on a white background can be quite effective. Here Karyn has used it to frame her photo. I love the way she just adds a touch of colour to her backgrounds and retains lots of white space around her photo.


Again another layout with raw chipboard and splatters, Karyn has created three elements to her layout and used the splatters to tie it all together, very cleverly done.


Here Karyn has used quite a few elements on her page and layered them all around her photo. Then used the chipboard to "drag" the main element down the page. The touches of gold adds highlights to an already beautiful layout.


This is another one of Karyn's mixed Media layouts. She has still kept plenty of white space on her layout and the black print paper border really sets it off. A beautiful photo, the perfect chipboard title and chipboard heart finish it off nicely.

 
This is one of Karyn's more brighter layouts, showing just how versatile she is. Lots of stamping and mixed media techniques shown here. Inking the chipboard black was a great choice, it complements  Karyn's photo really well.


I wish I could share more of Karyn's project life with you. I could do a whole post just on them. I have decided to only show one as I wanted to feature lots of Karyn's other projects to give you a better idea of her style.

 
Again raw chipboard used perfectly.


 Karyn also makes beautiful cards. She often teaches one layout and 2 cards in one workshop, which is a great idea. Here I have chosen two of her cards, again to show Karyn's wide range of ability's.


 This time she has inked half the chipboard which I think looks amazing. Male cards are always a challenge as you can't fill them with flowers, but these two cards would be perfect for any male teenager.
I am really looking forward to seeing more of Karyn's work this year and am delighted that she is staying with us for 2018.
Please feel free to leave her a personal message - welcoming her back.
See you tomorrow with another Design team Member, this one is quite different from everyone else on our team. All the ladies are amazing and I honestly feel, I have one of the best team in the industry. Everyone has their own style and so talented  They all have the skills and ability to do anything and often do.
It's going to be an amazing year.
Thanks for looking
Jane

2 comments: