Sunday, November 19, 2017

Christmas Cards - With Karyn Schultz!

Hi Imaginarium Designs lovelies!!

It's Karyn here and today I'm sharing some Christmas cards made using lots of gorgeous Imaginarium Designs chipboard.
Christmas cards for me are always made in bulk. I dont mean that I make exactly the same card multiple times, but I use similar techniques and templates. I also generally keep Christmas cards on the simpler side so I thought I'd play with my Tim Holtz distress oxides to make lots of fun backgrounds. I tried a variety of colours for the backgrounds - partly because i wanted to see what I liked and also to just have fun!! I worked on each card front individually (size 9.5cm x 13.7cm). I stamped the ink pads onto my craft mat, sprayed with water then "stamped/smooshed" my cardstock into it. The smooshing is done multiple times making sure you let it dry properly between layers.  
This was the variety of backgrounds I made.
For each background I made a coloured cardstock card base then added the chipboard embellishments. For this first card I embossed one of the layers of chipboard for the bauble as well as the Happy Christmas. The other chipboard layers were painted with watercolour pan paints for contrast. 
Look at the lovely shimmer of the Just Blue Colour Blast embossing powder I used! 
The next card has a similar design but I used a Ranger Turquoise antiquities embossing powder  
I love the variation in texture and colour for this embossing powder. 
For this card I used "Apple of my eye" Colour Blast embossing powder on "Happy Christmas" chipboard and the baubles were painted with watercolour pan paints then added some glitter glue highlights. 
For this card I used "Just Blue" Colour Blast embossing powder on the "Happy Christmas" chipboard.  
For this next card I used a silver embossing powder on the "Merry Christmas" chipboard.  
 
More embossing, painting and glitter as well as bakers twine for the bauble strings! 
These large decorative Christmas trees are perfect for a card front. I initially painted them in a variety of colours with my watercolour pan paints but wasnt happy with the result - plain gold paint was far better, with a few red rhinestones. 
 

Hopefully this has inspired you to get out your Christmasy chipboard stash and make some cards :)
 
Imaginarium Designs chipboard I've used includes 

Christmas Tree: Code IDS0060



Merry Christmas : Code IDP0072
 
Happy Christmas : Code IDP0073
 
Thanks so much for stopping by
Crafty Hugs xx
Karyn

No comments:

Post a Comment