Wednesday, September 6, 2017

It's a MASCULINE month with Imaginarium

This month our fabulous Design Team have created projects for the man in their lives - Fathers Day was a couple of days ago and I thought it would be perfect to showcase some awesome masculine projects!



These a few of my dad's 'favourite things'.
I sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang ink and water onto one of the large plastic pockets that your chippie is sold in. Placing each piece of chipboard into the ink and moving it around coated the chippie with colour.
I also used this watered down ink to print onto the page off the plastic pocket.
The clock piece was also coated with thicker ink and several colou
rs of Tinby Designs Metallic Melts embossing powder. To add a touch of memorabilia I rolled paper onto pieces of wire to make small
resistors like dad use to add to his circuit boards when making radios etc.
I found an old electronics magazine and used some of the pictures to show
what he used and made in his spare time.


Is there anything more masculine in the papercraft world than cogs and gears for blokes projects?
 My husband is a total mad mechanic and this fathers day card is just perfect for him  
I used the Factory 42 collection from Kaisercraft and a whole pack of the Imaginarium cogs
and gears chipboards covered in Inka Gold waxes as well as a bit of chain from
one of my girls old broken necklaces. Keep an eye out at op shops for kids junk jewellery that you
can recycle this way into embellishments for grungy and industrial projects.
Inka Gold Colours used directly on the chipboards were Brown, gold, Ice blue and Graphite.
If you rub the Inka Gold waxes on roughly they leave a brushed metal look on the surface of the chipboard.







I made a cute door hanger for Dad, I have painted all chipboard white with gesso and then inked the children different colours to match the papers, then I covered them with dimensional magic.
The alphabet letters are covered with fine black glitter. 
For the fencing in the back ground I have stippled white gesso over top and heated
with a heat gun to give a textured bubbled effect


Great projects ladies!

1 comment: