Monday, August 7, 2017

We have a Guest ... Meet Novi

Hello everyone,

I was delighted to have been asked  to be a Guest Designer
for Imaginarium Designs for the month of August. 

A little about me, my name is Novita Ferris I live in Brisbane with my lovely husband Paul who really supports my passion for craft and I am a mother to a teenage boy Brill. I started scrapbooking in 2015 so really I am just a newbie, but I am already totally addicted!! I don't have a spesific style of scrapbooking, I do like to try all the latest trends but I really love doing mixed media projects.

I can't describe how excited I am to share some projects that I've created using chipboard from  Imaginarium Design. Imaginarium Designs words, flourishes and frames are fabulous for decorating for your layout or card project.  



Here is my first project was a layout.....

 "LOVE IS EVERYTHING" 


I started by picking a sheet of cardstock and patterned of papers.  I tore the edges of the patterned paper to form the border and some strips of paper along the right side and then stuck everything  onto the plain cardstock.  The background was stamped with some Distress Oxide reinkers before stencilling with pearlescent embossing paste to make a texture background. 

Next up I did some fussy cutting out of the flowers patterned paper so that I could layer it underneath my photo. 
This particular paper has so many beautiful elements on it. 

I finished off with some beautiful  Imaginarium Design chipboards. Can't do any layout with some of these. 


With this layout I have used beautiful pieces of flourishes chipboard which I applied glue with a brush on the chipboard, then puts some flakes on it and then the after using a sponge to polish it and remove the excess of flakes. 




I cut the flourish chipboard in half and place on either side of the photo.



I used black embossing powders on the chipboard word for my layout title and sprinkle with little bit green on it too.





And for my last project, I've created a few simple cards with the same paper collection as the Layout and used some more Imaginarium Designs chipboard. 

I used the same technique of applying Flakes that I used for the chipboard pieces on the layout. It's such an effective way to add shine to any project. 

My first card.... 




My second card.... 





Well thats all from me today. 
I hope you like  what I made and will feel motivated to get creative.  

Thank you to 
IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS 
for inviting me to create a layout and a few cards with your quality designs.  
I feel honoured!


These are the product I used..... 



Thank you for stopping by today and having look. 
Until next time.... Happy crafting!

Novita xxx


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous dear Novi. Both the layout and cards are stunning ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful as always Novi! It's wonderful to see your smiling face over here at Imaginarium Designs x

    ReplyDelete