Saturday, December 3, 2016

December Projects with Belinda Spencer

Hello!!

Belinda here today to share lots of lovely projects with you featuring some fabulous Imaginarium Designs chipboard pieces.

I have a whopping 4 layouts as well as a card for someone special so I best get started!!

"Celebrate Today" Layout


I was absolutely thrilled to be invited to teach a class to someone wonderful ladies who travelled from interstate to spend the weekend scrapping up a storm here in Adelaide. This was the layout I taught featuring the beautiful and totally sweet Make A Wish Collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


You can see from the close-up that this layout was built up with many layers of pretty patterned papers as well as CVS chipboard stickers to create lots of dimension. I do have a bit of a 'flat' phobia!


I needed the chipboard to stand out from the multi coloured background and papers so I painted it with heavy white gesso as a contrast.


The 'Celebrate Today' title was the most perfect title to use with this range.







"Baby Love" Layout



I created this layout for Charm's Creations and it features the most adorable Crate Paper Little You Collection. I just love this paper range with its gorgeous colours and cute little images so perfect for the photo of my sweet little man.


There are so many cute little cloud images in the range so I used the Four Clouds in a board chipboard and covered them with patterned paper.


The stars worked perfectly with the paper range too. These were given my usual treatment of a couple of coats of heavy white gesso. I painted the word "love" with gesso too.









"Happy" Layout


This layout was my entry for the November Jot Magazine Mood Board challenge. I created such a colourful background that the chipboard needed the white gesso treatment again to help it stand out from the 'in your face' colour of the rest of the layout.










"Our Home" Layout


This layout is my take on the current challenge at Kraft Plus Challenges; 'Home Sweet Home'. I couldn't wait to use the "Where The Wild Things Are' papers and embellishments that I bought recently from Seriously Scrapbooking. So appropriate for the photo of my little wild things at home on our farm.


I painted the title with white gesso to make it stand out from the photo that I glued it onto.


I sprayed the stars with a metallic gold spray paint to complement the gold embossed stamped stars on my background.



I inked up one of the twigs with a metallic black/gold ink and the other I painted with white gesso as a contrast.










"Skull" Card



This was a card I whipped up for an awesome scrappy peep who inspires me with her amazing artwork. I used up some leftover board scraps from the 21 Stars in a board as well as the Tinies Stars and tore them into pieces . I painted the larger stars board with black gesso and the tinies one with gold metallic spray paint.



The circular cross hatch was sprayed with Kaisermist in Turquoise and the butterflies and stars were left in their raw state.








Well that is all from me for this month. I hope you are feeling inspired to have a play with your ID chipboard.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Cheers 
Belinda


2 comments:

  1. OMG!! The colors and layering on the first layout blew my mind! Absolutely
    A M A Z I N G ! ! ! Totally in love with this one!
    THe second layout is darling! LOVE the background. Especially the gold stars that look as if they are floating in the sky!
    Your third layout is awesome! LOVE the colors and HAPPY is a great way to describe the feel of it!! Festive and fun!!
    The fourth layout is so cool! Where the Wild Things Are is one of my all time favorite stories! I have shared my love of it with all three of my grandchildren! Where did you get the little monsters from the story for your layout? I NEED to get some for myself!
    Spookaliscious describes the card to a tee! LOVE the darkness and the embellishments ROCK!!!
    Thanks for sharing all of these scrumptious makes!! Now I need to go create as I am inspired by your works of (he)art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much for your lovely comments Barbara!! I am so happy you are feeling inspired now. Where The Wild Things Are was my all time favourite book when I was a kid so I was excited to see the paper range and embellishments. I got my supplies from Seriously Scrapbooking. :-)

    ReplyDelete