Sandi here and it's that time again to share with you my love of using Imaginarium Design Chipboard to make my creations special.
My first creation is a layout I created around one of my favourite childhood photos. This photo as taken at my Aunties wedding in which I was the flowergirl.
I used silver Versa Color ink to cover the birdcage chipboard and then embossed it with silver Metallic Melts, white Versa Color ink was used to cover the frame and flourish pieces embossing them with white Metallic Melts and finally the 'smile' with Versa Magic Perfect Plumeria and then covered with glossy accents. The background was created by spraying the paper first with water and then using a brush loaded with water and Lindy's Stamp Gang 'Magnolia Magenta Gold' placing the colour in two sections, to soften the edges I resprayed the ink water leaving the paper to dry thoroughly. My next step was to mix some gesso, water and matt gel medium in a fine tipped squeezy bottle and swishing the mix over the inked areas. I finished the layout with splats of ink, a range of white flowers, diamond bling and black enamel dots.
The Imaginarium Designs chipboard I used included:
Madison flourish IDFL0019
Denise's trellis IDDD0008
Edith Frame IDT0038
Capture moment smile in board IDW0076
My next creation is a tag. I'm really enjoying making tags each month to share with some of my scrapping friends and you. This one has a rustic natural feel using a mix of recycled and new elements.
The tag was made from cutting a piece of cardboard from a cardboard box, I like to re-use my recycled bits and pieces where I can.
I tore some patterned paper and glued it onto 3/4 of the tag, I cut the border chippie into smaller pieces and glued 2 pieces onto either side of the tag. I added chipboard, embellishment elements, wire, flowers and ribbons. Imaginarium Designs Chipboard used included (all coated with spray white gesso):
- ' Edith frame' -White Versa Color ink with White Metallic Melts
- 'Nat's hearts' - Perfect Plumeria Versa Color ink and Pink Metallic melts
- 'Embellishment border 1' - Pinecone Versa Color ink with carbon Metallic Melts.
- 'Peacock feathers'- Black Versa Color ink with carbon Metallic Melts.
Embellishment 1 page border IDB0001
Peacock feather tiny IDDL0005
Edith Frame IDT0038
Nats hearts 1 IDD0042
My last creation I'd like to share is inspired by a photo shoot I participated in with my local photographic group. We were practicing taking portraits with coloured lights.
This background was created using Lindy's Stamp Gang 'Urban Amethyst' Magical Flat powders ink applied onto wet cardstock with a well water loaded brush dipped into the ink and transferring it onto the paper with a dab on method. I lightly sprayed water on after each application and finished off the the background with splats of the ink and also white drawing ink when the main section was dry. All chipboard was sealed with spray on white gesso before applying colour and embossing.
Imaginarium Designs chipboard used included :
- Denise's border- was sprayed with spray gesso and stamped used a script stamp with StazOn black ink.
- Lou's hearts- covered with Versa Color 'Indigo' and embossed with a mix of 'Royal Purple', 'Gold Nugget' and 'Copper' Metallic Melts.
- Strike a pose and Criss Cross Frame- was covered in 'Black' Versa Color and 'Carbon' Metallic Melts.
- Stars in a board- coated with 'Bisque' Versa Color and 'Gold Nugget' Metallic Melts.
IDDL0015 Lou's heart shapes
IDP0193 Strike a pose
Criss Cross Frame 1 IDDL0008
Denises George border IDD0035