Monday, October 31, 2016

October Inspiration from Sandi

Hi Everyone, Sandi here and it's that time again to share with you my love of using Imaginarium Design Chipboard to make my creations special.



My first creation is a layout I created around my mum and dad as they started out married life together. This photo is taken on their honeymoon at the 'Blue Lake' which is now just up the road from where I live now. Funny how things go around in full circle.



I used gesso on the background using a wipe to smear it around. I covered the hexagons and 'Adventures around every corner' with Lindy Stamp Gang Industrial Chic 'Magicals' Time travel teal (which I thought was appropriate for a step back in time), 'Family' with white gesso and Lollabelles circles with Steampunk Sepia. Under the photo I used Dylusions Spray ink 'Ground coffee' to give an old and worn look. 








 The Imaginarium Designs chipboard I used included:



Loolobelle's nested hexagons IDD0017




Adventure lies around IDP0086

Loolobelle's Piechart and heart embellishments48 IDD0046




My next creation is a tag inspired by an 'Alice in wonderland' theme, I'm really enjoying making tags each month to share with some of my scrapping friends. 



The tag was made from cutting a piece of cardboard from a cardboard box, I like to re-use my recycled bits and pieces where I can.
I sprayed the tag with water and then sprayed it with Lindy's
Go Grease Lightnin' Danny Zuko's Denim. and then dropped water from a brush in spots on the card and splats too.

 Imaginarium Designs Chipboard used included (all coated with spray white gesso):
  • 'You are amazing' and 'Hexagons' painted in Lindy Stamp Gang Industrial Chic 'Magicals' Time travel teal
  • 'Stars' painted with silver acrylic and then embossed with random spots of Metallic melts silver embossing powder.
To complete the tag I added flowers from Green Tara, a 'Funky Flair', blue butterflies from '' Kelly-Ann -'Mothers Art', white wire thread coloured with Danny Zuko's Denim spray and some small embellishments. The small bottle with the 'Drink this' tag was filled with some of the ink mixed with Matte transparent medium. 





Loolobelle's nested hexagons IDD0017

21 stars on board IDS0079




21 stars on board IDS0079

My last creation  I'd like to share is a birthday card I've made for my handsome grandson, not sure where the time has gone.



I created this card by covering 2/3 of the front of the card with a piece checked paper with a torn edge to blend it to the white of the card, then smearing it with gesso. When dry I then added some of Finnabairs 3 rust paste colours over it to give it a grungy look. I layered cogs I'd painted, with some cardboard, string and the painted robot before adding the 'Happy birthday' message and his age completed the card.
Imaginarium Designs chipboard used included (all unsealed to create the rustic feel):
  • Cogs covered with Finnabairs Rust paste set (3 different paste colours layered to create the old rustic look)
  • Happy birthday with is painted with Lindy Stamp Gang Industrial Chic 'Magicals' Time travel teal several times to get a deep colour
  • '3rd' painted with Lindy's Rizzo Rowdy Red
  • 'Robot' was painted with the inks and paste above.




 

9cogs on a board IDS0011

Happy Birthday IDP0127

3rd small IDA0041

 

Two robots in board IDS0035

 

Thanks for dropping by and checking my latest inspiration here at Imaginarium Designs, looking forward to seeing you again soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment