Hi Everyone, Sandi here and it's that time again to share with you my love of using Imaginarium Design Chipboard to make my creations special.
My first creation is a layout I created in which I used some of the "Ephemera" I found in some antique shops with my scrapbooking buddy Fiona on the way to Melbourne.
I used modeling paste on the background and gave it a old antique feel by using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals 'Steampunk Sepia' sprinkled over it and spraying/brushing with water until happy with the effect. I also used 'Steel Shimmer' for the splats and drips over the background as well.
I arranged the different ephemera into layers beneath and to the side of the photos. The photos were some that were found along with the negatives in the Kodak photo sleeve that I used. I added some of my Nana's lace and buttons as well and cardboard from the box that the ephemera was brought home in.
The Imaginarium Designs chipboard I used included:
- Lower case letters IDAL0001:Covered with a thin covering of gesso and then used Versa color 'Pinecone' for colour.
- Edith Frame IDT0038: Used Versa color 'Olive' and covered sections with Metallic melts 'Copper' embossing powder and melted them using a heat gun.
- Inspire, create, IDW0092: Using the words 'create' and 'art' I first covered them with a thin covering of gesso and then when dry used Versa color 'Olive' to give them colour.
- Madison Flourish IDFL0019: Covered with a thin covering of gesso then Versa color 'Pinecone' and whilst wet sprinkled with Metallic Melts 'Copper' in sections and melted with a heatgun.
|Lower Case IDAL0001|
|Edith Frame IDT0038|
|Inspire Create IDW0092|
|Madison Flourish IDFL0019|
My next creation is a tag "Chase your dream", I'm new to making tags and will be making one each month to share with some of my scrapping friends.
The tag was made from cutting a piece of cardboard from a cardboard box with some of the top layer torn off at one of the corners.
Added to the cardboard was a piece of Kaisercraft paper which was then sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst 'Magnolia magenta gold' and 'Tibetan poppy teal'
The edge and a corner were stenciled using the TCW stencil 'mini Brazen star' with matt gel medium (x2) and white gesso (x2). Layers were created using a paper doily, white wire thread , old book page, Kaisercraft flowers sprayed with the Lindy's Stamp Gang ink colours, small flowers including resin and bronze ones, buttons, Prima brads, enamel dots and a silver bird. At the top I added a beautiful blue butterfly by Kelly-Ann -'Mothers Art'. After placing the chipboard and layers on I used white and black ink to apply splats and wiped the edges with Versa Color ink 'Neptune'.
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard used included (all coated with spray white gesso):
- Chase your dreams IDP0197: Versa color ink 'Amethyst' embossed with Metallic melts 'Red velvet'
- Bicycle small IDT0018: Versa color ink 'Neptune' embossed with Metallic melts 'Glistening snow'
- Lolabelles heart IDDL0015: Versa color ink colour; centre heart section 'Amethyst' embossed with Metallic melts 'Red velvet', outer section 'Pinecone'
|Bicycle small IDT0018|
|Chase your dreams IDP0197|
|Lou's heart shapes IDDL0015|
My last creation I'd like to share is "Love Us" a hessian frame I made for my daughter:
I smeared gesso over sections of the canvas first and then sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst 'Tibetan poppy teal' and splats of 'Magnolia magenta gold and black ink. I then stamped with the Dina Wakely stamp 'Reversed grunge growth ' onto white card and embossed it with black embossing powder before cutting it out and spraying it with water and let some 'magnolia magenta gold' spread over sections of the stamping. The black wire thread was cut into lengths and tied together before gluing it in place over the cross hatched chippie. Also finished the canvas off with a Funky Flair 'Us'
Imaginarium Designs chipboard used included (all sealed with white gesso):
- Loolabelle's cross hatch circle IDD0025: Versa Color ink 'Neptune'
- Lou's heart shapes IDDL0015: Versa Color ink 'Amethyst' and embossed with Metallic melts 'Red Velvet'
- Nat's hearts 1 IDD0041: Versa Color ink 'Amethyst' and embossed with Metallic melts 'Red Velvet'
- Oval frame with brackets IDFR0009: Versa Color ink 'Bisque' and embossed with Metallic melts 'Gold Nugget'
|Lou's heart shapes IDDL0015|
|Loolabelle's Circular Cross hatch IDD0025|
|Nat's heart shapes no 1. IDD0042|
Thanks for dropping by and checking our latest inspiration here at Imaginarium Designs, looking forward to seeing you again soon.