Friday, September 30, 2016

Guest Designer Krisy ... Wonderful

Hiya!  
Krisy back today to share another Guest Design layout.

I created this layout based on the photo.  
It is not my photo and strangely enough, I had only met the lady the day before that it belonged to.  
I met Anthea at a scrapbooking retreat.  
I saw this photo of her daughter, Tori, sitting on her desk and I commented how much I loved it.  Then at lunch I sat across from Anthea and I heard the story behind Tori and the photo.  
Tori was chosen to be the face of the Ghost campaign.
  Ghost Campaign is a bullying awareness cause creating a space for the youth to share their personal experiences.  What's Tori's connection to this campaign?  
She has achondroplasia - a common form of Dwarfism.  
Something about Tori's story and her mum connected with me and I found myself later asking if I could scrap this photo.  
Thankfully she said "Yes".



This whole layout started as an oversized tag. 
But I wanted it to be layout but I didn't want to take away from the mysterious feel of the tag plus I didn't want to journal on it.  So I created a simple embossed background for the tag to sit on.

I wanted the photo to be the focus on the layout with a dark woods fairy tale feel.  So I chose the chipboard from my stash that helped me achieve that.  The Swirly frame reminds me of the mirror of the Evil Step mother and the branches of dark woods.  To the twig branches and the Swirly frame, I decided I wanted them to be matte black.  That way the words being shiny and gold with stand out. So I just coloured them with my Stayzon Ink Pad.

To the words, I wanted them to look a bit aged.  So I inked them with my Stayzon on then roughtly embossed them with two coats of Colour Blast Bling Embossing Powder.  By roughly embossing them it gives the black space to still show through the gold.  While the he two coats make sure it is super shiny..



These are the products I used...


Thanks for stopping by.  
Krisy xx

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing the backstory on layouts and this one is amazing! What a beautiful young lady she is. You did such an amazing job making this photo stand out and really "speak"! Thank you for sharing it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my gorgeous gal inspired you to do a LO. Thank you so much. And thank you for sharing a link to the Ghost campaign page and for helping to create bullying awareness. Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete