Thursday, August 11, 2016

Alphabet borders .... super cool ....

Hey there crafty people,

Today I'm sharing another awesome project created by Karyn ... 

This month is all about Borders and check out the amazing way Karyn 
has created a border on her page ...




"For this project I've decided to use lots and lots of chipboard to create a border. I chose the latest school photo of Jessica and wanted to create a bright fresh layout. Being a school photo I thought I would create my border using lots of alphas. I used 3 sheets of alphas. I removed all of the alphas from the board and layed them out to see how it would look. I decided that I wanted to include a number of words throughout the border. I've highlighted some by painting them a different colour . I've also included some that are not as obvious. Painting the chipboard was time consuming. I used a navy ColorShine mist for most of the alphas except for the highlighted words and the title that I painted with Teal Dylusions paints. Initially I was going to leave the chipboard raw but I later decided to colour it. If I had known what I wanted to do I would probably have painted the chipboard while it was still in the board."


Thanks for stopping by


2 comments:

  1. SUPER FUN layout :)
    The scattered alphas make the perfect borders aroung the page, LOVE your colour combo and pretty layers under the photo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic way to use alphas! This would look good as a border on a card too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete