Monday, July 4, 2016

A Trio of Layouts and Cards with Belinda Spencer

Hello!

Belinda here today to start the week off with a trio of layouts as well as cards that I have created recently using lots of fabulous Imaginarium Designs chipboard pieces.

First up is a layout I created for the June challenge at Scrap The Boys.

'Smile' Layout by Belinda Spencer


I loved the black and white colour scheme for this challenge. I usually use my chipboard pieces either raw or painted with white gesso but to co-ordinate with this layout I painted them black instead. When I say 'painted' I mean I coloured them with a black Posca Pen because I couldn't find my black gesso! It worked just as well and there was less clean-up involved. Winning!

Here's a closer look at the chipboard pieces.


I used the leftover board from Loolabelle's Nested Arrows on my layout too as an extra layer to add interest.


To make my title 'Smile' stand out from the rest of the chipboard pieces, I painted it white with gesso.






'You Are Amazing' Layout


I created this layout for the July Kraft Plus challenge which was to include sheet music on my kraft based layout. The inspiration included a beautiful feather with sheet music printed on it so I tried to recreate the look using a chipboard feather.

I applied two coats of white gesso to the feather followed by some cream chalkboard paint. Once dry I stamped a music print stamp over the top using black Archival Ink and then sprayed on a little pink mist. 



For the title, I painted with the two coats of white gesso followed by the same cream paint.








'Happy Today' Layout


I have reverted to type with this layout that I recently taught at Seriously Scrapbooking. The chipboard pieces have all been given the white gesso treatment to co-ordinate with my colour scheme.











Finally I have three cards to share that I will be teaching tomorrow at Seriously Scrapbooking.





I have included lots of lovely texture and dimension on these cards featuring Darkroom Door stamps. I have chosen some chipboard pieces that perfectly complement the beach theme of the cards.















Well that is all from me for this month. I do hope my projects have inspired you to get busy in your craft room.

Cheers
Belinda

1 comment: