Thursday, May 21, 2015

Two Projects by Sue


Wordplay layout
 and Home Sweet Home Bird house 
By Sue Smyth 



One of the things that I find a problem is what to do with left over
chipboard alphabet (well not really a problem lol)
So I decided to use up most of mine in 
one swoop!



I have adhered 3 layers of assorted chipboard letters, on to 
a sheet of cardstock, first do one layer, then paint with gesso.
Then another layer and gesso and again another, with the last 
layer take more care where you place each letter
so you can see the letters underneath too.


I have added metallic embellishments and a few resin roses. 


To decorate the clock first I have sprayed with black flat paint
then rubbed over with metallic paints and rubs.
I have adhered rows of the small rhinestones around each 
edge, then used liquid pearls to highlight the numbers.


Here you can see the 3 layers of alphabet chipboard.
Once painted with gesso, spray with calypso teal dylusions and flick 
lots of splats of black, white and London blue across the surface.
Have fun and play until you get the look you are after.


Rub over with lots of metallic paints and rubs 


Add a title, this time I have double embossed the word 
with gold embossing powder, this gives a nice full lush look.


Lastly dry brush with gold paint for a great patina 


Imaginarium chipboard used 
     






My next project is a bird house. I love bird houses, and have 
lots of little ones. I realized I did not have  a
life sized one. So I decorated an old one
I had bought a long time ago.




I have altered the outside of the box with the Vaseline
technique I used in the paling fence project.
Then added lots of pearls flourishes to the sides.





The roof has texture pasted added to give lots of depth
like the shingles on a roof.


Then paint the fence with 2 coats of gesso and cover
with dimensional magic, sprinkle with white glitter
and apply pearl strips to the top and bottom, for a glorious
picket fence.


I have added a few twigs from the garden, along with a 
craft bird, altered flowers and a faux nest.


To apply small pearls to the heart shaped opening, simply cut 
strips into 2 pearls each and adhere with a fine line 
of glue this is a little fiddly but, this way you will be able to follow the 
curve and achieve a lovely beaded edge.



To alter the feathers
1. Spray feathers with Brown dylusions and dry with heat gun.
2. Paint the tips of the feathers with white linen dylusions
3. Paint stripes across the feathers with Black marble dylusions.
4. Then take the top off the white dylusions and tap the straw with a paint brush so
the the ink flicks across the feathers nicely.



Imaginarium chipboard used 

 


Happy Crafting 


4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of layering the alphabets. I have so many of them and no idea of how to use them up.
    thanks for the idea.
    Love the birdhouse. I have a couple of birdhouses and I'm going to use this as a push-off to start embellishing them.
    If you get the idea that I have a lot of "stuff" - I do. Too much
    thanks for sharing some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful this layout is
    and I love the birdhouse!
    So fun.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What lovely creations!!! LOVE the idea of using up alphas and the birdhouse is absolutely divine!! Magical and enchanting! TFS! Where can I find the paling fence project with the Vaseline technique? I am very curious about it!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found the paling fence technique! AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete