Thursday, January 8, 2015

From Romantic To Steampunk...

Welcome and hello! 

Julianne here today, sharing a summer layout and a steampunk mini canvas.

Let's start with my summer layout, full of colour and fun!


 "LAZY SUMMER DAYS"
I am a colour person.
I love it - I'm like a bee to a flower where colour is concerned.
So when I stumbled across this beautiful paper range by Webster's (Beautiful Chic),
I knew exactly what I wanted to create - a layout that showed the colours
of summer from my children's point of view.


 I have used everything on this layout - texture past (can you see my hearts?), mists, stamping, vellum, embossing powders and embossing enamels, fussy cutting, journalling, and of course, Imaginarium Designs chipboard. 


The Imaginarium Designs phrase "Lazy Summer Days" was the absolute
perfect title for this layout. I wanted something that reflected the glorious and fun-filled days we recently spent at Robe, enjoying our family holiday. It was definitely "lazy days" as we had no alarm clocks, no schedule, and no place that we needed to be, except together. 

I have coated the phrase with gold ink, before adding Aged Gold Embossing Enamel. I love the Stampendous embossing enamels as they give such a rich texture and colour. 


The butterflies have been treated in a similar way. I have coated them with pink ink, before covering them with a mixture of clear embossing powder, and a little Aged Rose Embossing Enamel. By mixing the two, it gives a slightly "lighter" effect to the finished product - I didn't want the butterflies to look heavy and over-done.

The trellis has been cut in half, and then covered with brown ink. I have then coated it with clear embossing powder to add a glossy finish, and to protect the ink. Hint: Don't be scared to cut chipboard shapes in half, or into smaller shapes. One piece can then be turned into many. :)

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED:





..........................................................................................................................

This canvas has been created on a 4" x 4" canvas frame.
It is tiny, and gorgeous, and definitely going to hang in my room.
I created this mini canvas especially for me. 


I started by covering the canvas with paper, paint and Mod Podge so that I had a base to work with. I then covered the edges of the canvas with Viva Inka Gold and more Mod Podge. 

The first piece of chipboard I adhered to the canvas base was the Photo Frame 1. This piece has been covered with pink ink, then coated with Aged Roase Embossing Enamel. Next, I took a large Art Deco frame and cut it in half diagonally. I then coated both pieces with white ink, then covered it with Shabby Pink Embossing Enamel. Using Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots, I then adhered the two Art Deco Frame pieces on top of the Photo Frame 1. 


Next came the clock and compass. I used Aged Gold Embossing Enamel, and adhered the clock and compass with Helmar Liquid Glue Dots. Then came the Swirly Frame which I had coated with Aged Rose Embossing Enamel, and backed with a scrap piece of paper (use something subtle, not something over-powering which will distract from the design). 


And finally, I added the corset and stays. I covered the entire corset with Viva Inka Gold, before adding the stays (which were painted cream). I then added gold glitter down the outside edges of the the corset. The pink ribbon was added last, before adhering the entire design to the canvas with Liquid Scrap dots.

To finish my canvas, I added lots of Prima metal embellishments (cogs, watch hands, flowers), and  Tim Holtz chains, pearls and gems. I added the final touches with a small gold key hanging from the base of the corset, and pearls added to the centre of the cogs.   

IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS PRODUCTS USED: 






Thank-you for stopping by and joining me today. I hope it has been fun and inspirational.
And please don't forget, just leave a comment to go into the draw to win a pack of chipboard! 

If you would like to view more of my projects, please visit my blog:

Cheers and hugs, xxx
Julianne


3 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming of summer already... beautiful page xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and the
    corset creation
    is fun!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. These is just fabulous - love the layout and the corset creation!

    ReplyDelete