Sunday, February 26, 2012

LG .....


Hi everyone! 

LG here, welcoming you to Imaginarium Designs blog. 
I am here to share with you 2 layouts that I did this month showcasing not only some of the Imaginarium Design chipboards but using the negatives that came with it.

Working on a small space limits me to get all the materials and tools that I wanted. I learned to maximize the space and the supplies I have. When I received all the gorgeous chipboards, I noticed that those negatives that came with it are as gorgeous as the chipboards. So I decided to use them as well!

For my first layout, I have used the negative of Numbers chipboard. I initially removed all the numbers on it and placed it in a plastic ziplock back for easy access when I need them.



Products Used: Bazill cardstock, Crate Paper patterned papers and embellishments, BasicGrey transparent heart embellishment, Shabby Chic journaling spot, Gesso acrylic paint, Hero Arts stamps, October Afternoon, Studio Calico and Shimmerz mists.



Imaginarium Design Chipboards used:
Sheet of Numbers (IDN0002)

To achieve the look I wanted, I first did several coating using white gesso acrylic paint. Then, using several stamp designs and different coloured inkpads, I randomly stamped over the negative chipboard. For the final touch, I slightly misted over it to get some small splatters. I also adhere patterned papers beneath the some numbers to emphasize that the photo was taken this year, 2012.
 
 

The butterflies were just painted with white acrylic gesso to achieve a silhouette look.
 


For my second layout, I have used some fun mediums for my chipboards. 
Like the first one, I also used negative chipboard on my page.


HAPPY



Products Used: Making Memories patterned paper, Crate Paper patterned papers and embellishments, EK Success border punch, Ranger Liquid Pearls, KI Memories stickers, Dew Drops, Glass Sand, Coloured Sand, White Inkpad, October Afternoon, Studio Calico and Shimmerz mists.

Imaginarium Design Chipboards used:


I used the negative of this chipboard. I have purchased different small packed coloured sands from our local bookstore a while back. I knew that sand will give me the texture and depth that I wanted to achieve. By simply using liquid glue, I adhered the fuchsia sand by sprinkling over it several times until the entire chipboard was covered.
 


For the butterfly, I painted it first with several coats of white gesso acrylic paint. Then, I coated it with liquid glue and sprinkled transparent glass sand over it. I also misted some red mist and used a white inkpad to stamp on it.
 

Thanks for stopping by

7 comments:

  1. sooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Grace your designs are gorgeous love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is just beautiful, I love how you use the negative space and the layering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of the "throw away" parts. And all the glitz you added to the chippies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love what you have created, all those yummy chipboard pieces and how you decorated each!! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete