"Today we are celebrating the birthday of one of our beloved design team members, the fabulous Jane Tregenza. Jane's work is an inspiration to all of us and it is always a pleasure to feature her crafts on our blog. Her love for crafting is obvious in every single gorgeous piece she creates. She has an impeccable artistic vision and warmth that shines through in her work. We appreciate everything that she adds to our Graphic 45 family. Jane is a true artist and a fabulous lady. We wish her a very happy birthday! You're the best, Jane!
Today we're featuring some awesome crafts that Jane has made. The first one was a birthday gift that she made for Diane on her birthday. Since we've got this fun birthday theme going on today we thought it would be nice to show this amazing piece. It's got all the class and sophistication of true Jane Tregenza craft creation!
"When Charee asked me if I would like to make something for Diane’s birthday, I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I love this style of scrapbooking/altered art. It also gave me a way to use lots of Diane’s wonderful papers and embellishments. Charee was able to send me some photos and I got more from Facebook! The frame size is 50 inches. This means there are about 144 1 ½ x 1x1/2 inch squares needed to make a collage this big. I find that 40 photos and 104 squares works the best. Some squares are bigger and count for 4. It’s a great way to use all those favourite emblements that on a 12x12 layout would just get lost. I love words and quotes, so I have included lots on my project. I hope Diane enjoys it as much as I did making it. Happy Birthday, Diane!" -Jane Tregenza
And here we have a gorgeous layout also by Jane Tregenza! She's even created a fun and inspiring tutorial so you can create one of your very own! There are some great techniques in this tutorial! We know you're going to love it!
"I love using Graphic 45 print papers for my layouts and I love the challenge of using prints from different collections that you would never normally think to put together. This layout is a case in point. The Print paper Magnigique and Woodland Fantasy are two papers that you would not think to match together, but they work perfectly for this layout. I love the strong colors’ of magnitique and woodland fantasy is one of my all time favorite Graphic 45 prints. I love this photo of my daughter Kate taken one day while she was working. I decided to use the terra cotta colors’ in the card stock to bring out her skin tone. This also allowed me to use all the pretty flowers in strong colors’ from Bohemian Floral ( another favorite) and my trusty pointy scissors for some fussy cutting! I used a butterfly from Imaginarium as a base and added the flowers and leaves to make it the feature on my layout. I love the simple look to the layout, the strong colors’ from the Graphic 45 papers and the fact that the photo is the focal. I have done a tutorial for anyone wanting to have a go." -Jane Tregenza
Graphic 45 print papers – Magnifique, Woodland Fantasy, Hautee Courture, Curtain Call, Sweet Heart of Mine, Time flies, Bohemian Floral.
5 ¼ x 7 ¼ inches Olive
5 ¾ x 7 ¾ inches Rustic
Color box inks – olive pastel
Imaginarium Designs Chipboard
IDP0005 Just You
IDS0002 Butterfly with cut out wings
TDT0011 Oval Frames
Please note all measurements are in inches:
1. Use the 12 inch x 12 inch (Magnifique) print paper as your base paper. We will be layering all the other papers on top of this one. If you want to, you can ink around the edges.
2. Cut your black cardstock back to 10 ½ inches x 10 ½ inches and tape it down to the middle of the base print paper.
3. Cut your next piece of print paper (woodland fantasy) back to 10 ¼ inches x 10 ¼ inches, ink around the edges and tape to the middle of the black cardstock.
4. Cut your cream cardstock back to 9 inches x 9 inches. You can ink it with green ink. Don’t tape this one to your other papers at this stage. We will work on it and tape it down later.
5. Measure up from the bottom of the cream cardstock 1 ½ inches and make a mark on the cardstock. Do this at each end of your page. This will give you a line to place your tape onto your page; you can then add the ribbon to your page. Wrap the ends of the ribbon to the back of your cream cardstock and tape them down.
6. Cut a piece of Hautee Courture to 2 ½ inches to 7 ½ inches, ink it and tape it down to your page. To place it correctly measure in from the right side of the cream cardstock ½ inch and measure up from the bottom of the cream cardstock ½ inch. You should have about 1 inch space at the top.
7. Cut a piece of Curtain Call to 1 inch x 12 inches. To place it correctly, measure in from the right side of the cream cardstock 1 ¼ inches. This means it will be in the middle of your Hautee Couture print paper. Fold it underneath the cream card stock, top and bottom Tape it down.
8. Cut a piece of Sweet Heart of Mine to 3 inches x 4 inches, ink around the edges. To place it correctly measure in ¼ inch from the right edge of the cream cardstock and measure up 1 ¼ inches from the bottom of the cardstock.
9. You need to ink your title “just you” with green ink. You can embossing this with a stamp with clear embossing powder, to do this you will need to ink your title, dry it with a heat gun. This is important, as this will stop the powder adhering to the whole title. Stamp the title with the stamp of your choice with embossing ink and place into the powder. Blow to remove excess powder and heat with a heat gun. Glue to your page in the bottom right corner.
10. Cut out the butterflies from your Time Flies sheet. You will need one large, two medium and two smaller ones from the back of the papers. You can cut some leaves from this sheet as well (you need them to add to the chipboard butterfly. You will need to finish the rest of the page before sticking your cut out butterflies on.
11. Cut Flowers and stems out of the Bohemian Floral print paper.
12. Put glue only on the back body of your large cream butterfly. This will let you bend the wings up slightly. Glue it you your page as shown in the photo, it will fit over your title. Attach your large flower to the middle of the butterfly with double sided foam tape. Add all the smaller stems/flowers to your butterfly with foam tape. Make sure you tuck all the ends in under your middle flower.
13. Use some of your leftover woodland fantasy to back your chipboard oval frame and glue it down as shown in the photo.
14. Add four black photo corners to your cream square and tape it down to the base papers. Make sure it is in the middle of the green print paper.
15. You can now place your butterflies on to the page wherever you like.
16. Cut a 7 ¼ x 7 ¼ inch from the olive cardstock. Cut a 7 ¾ x 7 ¾ inch piece from the Rustic card stock and tape them together. Add your photo and tape it to your page to the left of your layout.
You are now finished!
Well, that's all for today! We want to thank Jane Tregenza for her stunning work today and wish her a fabulous birthday! We hope you will all join us tomorrow for more Tropical Travelogue sneak peeks and design team projects! It's going to be another unbeatable day of inspiration! Remember to leave us blog and Facebook comments this week for your chance to win the entire Tropical Travelogue collection! Thank you all for stopping by today! Have a wonderful Wednesday!"
Wow!!! Congratulations Jane on the fabulous feature and Happiest Birthday to an amazing woman