Friday, May 11, 2018

Distress Oxides + Chipboard + Mothers Day!

Hi Everyone 

It's Wendy back again with some stuff I haven't played with before ...... oh and that's right it's Mothers Day this Sunday so I have based my cards this month around that theme.  I had purchased some Distress Oxide ink a while ago (they were still in the wrappers) so I thought I might have a bit of a play with these and in particular a saw a technique recently where they were used with prismacolour pencils so I gave it a whirl.  

I have done these cards with two very distinct moods - the first couple have the classic mothers day feel, very feminine with the simple technique of inking the chipboard and then using glossy accents over the top for a nice shiny finish.  If you are new to working with chipboard this is the first technique I always recommend as it is super easy but the finish is just lovely and it's my go to all the time.  





The next couple of cards have a more modern feel about them and this is where I have used the distress oxide ink with prismacolour pencils to create the leaves using Dina Wakley stamps.  


For the next card I have again used the distress oxides to create the background and found this movie reel piece in my "odd & sods" box then I found some movie reel printed acetate and I cut out the images and stuck them to the black piece of movie reel.  I just love this card and for once the photos actually capture the classic simplicity of this card.  The chipboard was sprayed with some black spray. 


What I am trying to show is that chipboard suits any type of card or project and is easily adapted to your theme or mood.

Thanks for stopping by and the list of chipboard I have used is below.

Keep Creating 
Wendy


Chipboard Used


IDW0094


IDW0027




No comments:

Post a Comment