Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Introducing the Mixed Media Master that is - Natalie May


Hello Everyone
Today I get to introduce Natalie May to you all and welcome her to our team for 2018.
Natalie and I go way back, we have been working together for over 10 years now and she has been a true friend and source of inspiration and support all that time.
We have taught at numerous Shows, All Day Scraps and Trade Events together and always have fun.
Nat has been one of our main designers here at Imaginarium Designs. We like to encourage design team ladies to make suggestions for new chipboard phrases and shapes. They are the ones working with our product and teaching, so they are the perfect people to give us ideas. This  means every design, word or phrase has been used on a project before it is released to you.

 
Nat is an all rounder when it comes to scrapbooking and is a master of the mixed media genre (not quite the right word - but you all know what I mean). She is a fantastic teacher and brand ambassador and I would recommend her for any one wanting an excellent teacher for any event. She has taught all over Australia and New Zealand. Natalie has also been teaching on the cruise circuit as well. She is on the Lindy's Stamp Gang Design Team and Brand Ambassador for Gel Press.
I asked her to put together a Bio about herself.


Hi there. My name is Natalie May. 
I’m lucky enough to be a full time paper crafter and I couldn’t be happier! I’m happily married to the awesome Clever Trevor & have a beautiful 14 year old girl child!
I teach around 15 classes a month in Australia and absolutely LOVE what I do – turning my hobby into my job & passion.
I am the Australian Ambassador for Lindy's Stamp Gang , I design chipboard for Imaginarium Designs, I’ve been a 2016 Scrapbooking Memories Master, I’m currently Brand Ambassador for Gel Press
, an Intermediate Certified Copic Designer and love everything inky & colour based.
One of the things that keeps me inspired and teaching is that I love to create in all styles. 
As much as this industry likes to ‘Pigeon Hole’ people, I am a versatile artist – I regularly teach & create not only scrapbooking layouts but also Cards, Mixed Media Layouts, Paper based Layouts, Art Journaling, Abstract Canvas Art, plus Kids classes and whatever else I can come up with.
As an Educator for Lindy Stamp Gang & Gel Press, I especially love to create with their products and love to educate people about mediums, textures and general products.   

 
I love this industry … the opportunity to teach a new technique…. Meeting so many amazing people…..and to be able to CREATE everyday is quite a blessing.
You can view more of my work at …
www.happydaks.blogspot.com and find me on Instagram under
 
happydaks and Facebook as well.
  
Thanks for the bio Nat.
  
So now I have chosen some of my favourite Nat projects to share with you all and show just how versatile she is.
 
 
 
Nat designs amazing cards and the set above is a great example of how she uses chipboard on her cards.

 
 
She also makes and teaches the most wonderful canvases. In her classes she guides her pupils step by step through the whole process and her students are always delighted with their finished canvases.
The canvas above is a small example of her beautiful work.
 

 
 
I do love her layouts and the way she puts paint onto her work. The layout above is a perfect example of this. She has created a sense of movement with textured paste and paint which makes the chipboard and photo seem to float on waves of colour.
 

 
I couldn't go past this one as blue is my favourite colour. One of Nat's A4 Canvas Boards. The photo above does not show all the background that Nat has created by using texture paste and masks. A really beautiful art piece.
 
 
 The last one I have chosen, show how sometimes a simple layout says everything you need it to.  Layouts don't always have to be complicated  and leaving white space around your photos is a great way to make your photos the focus of your layout. All you then need is the perfect chipboard tile to finish and we have 100's of titles to chose from. 

So its with a sense of excitement and  anticipation  that I look forward to seeing what Nat creates for us this year.
Please feel free to leave Nat a welcome back message.
Thanks for stopping by today
See you tomorrow for another welcome.
Jane
  

1 comment: