Monday, January 29, 2018

Introducing the Master of the Soft and Feminine Style that is Tomoko Takahashi

 
Hello Everyone.
I am so excited to introducing to you all today, the lovely and delightful Tomoko Taskahashi from Japan. Tomoko only confirmed last night that she will be joining our Design Team for 2018. I first "Met" Tomoko in 2009 when she and I were on the Graphic 45 design team together. I was so impressed with her beautiful work that I invited her to join our first Imaginarium Design team and was delighted when she accepted.
I have gone back over our blog and found Tomoko's projects from her first year. So the projects I am going to share with you today are from 2009-10 which if you are good at maths means they are about 8-9 years old.
 
 
You can see why I love her style, Tomoko's work stands the test of time, her work is classic and timeless and hasn't dated at all. Tomoko uses mixed media products on her work, but always with the soft and delicate touch. I am always impressed with the ladies on our Design Team from Japan.  They have a way with paper and a distinctive style that is different from everyone else, maybe it is to do with their history of working with paper for 1000's of years. I am very thrilled to be welcome Tomoko back to our team.
 
I asked Tomoko to do a bit of a Bio about herself.
My Name is Tomoko Takahashi, and I am blessed with a beautiful daughter. I started scrapbooking in March 2009 and I loved it ever since. I love decorating my precious memoires with her, using beautiful colours, sparkles and flowers. Recently I am a slow scrapper, but I am very excited to designing for Imaginarium designs again. Thanks you so much and I hope to be an inspiration to many of you.
 Thank you Tomoko, it was so much fun looking back over the blog to find Tomoko's work. I have chosen just a few of her projects to share with you all.
 
 
 You can see Tomoko's use of mixed media on this layout.  Her beautiful daughter is features on this layout. Tomoko's layout has layers of softness and prettiness - a perfect example of Tomoko's  distinctive style.


Tomoko always does beautiful cards and mini projects. This one is just perfect, she has used one of our chipboard dress forms and made the perfect dress for it. Who would not love to receive a card like this.
 
 
Tomoko also does beautiful vintage projects. This mini book is a lovely example of her attention to detail, so much work goes into each and very project she creates.
 
 
 Every page is the perfect balance of design and colour and always with Tomoko's distinctive flair.
 
 
Another page showing Tomoko's beautiful use of our chipboard.

 
Tomoko also does bright and happy layouts, just look at the way Tomoko has again created a lovely detailed and bright layout. The perfect photo of her beautiful daughter for the final touch.
 

 
Just look at the soft and pretty finish Tomoko has done on her butterfly. 

 

 Just look at all work on this layout, layers and layouts of beautiful bits and pieces, but Tomoko has still made sure her photo is the focus. This layout is so pretty with a real vintage feel to it.


I close up of the way Tomoko has coloured her chipboard title.

 
This lovely layout of Tomoko and her daughter is a special keepsake. You can see Tomoko's soft mixed media touch on this layout. I love the way she has split her title and place it each side of her main photo. Again the photos are the focus, even though she has done a lot of layering and added some beautiful embellishments.
 


 I have left my favourite Tomoko layout for last. I love this one, it is so pretty, soft and delicate. There is so much going on in this layout, just look what Tomoko has managed to fit on her page by layering and tucking everything around her photo.  You can see why I admire her work so much. Her beautiful daughter is still the feature on this lovely layout.
It has been a while since I have seen Tomoko's work, so I can't wait to see what she designs for us. It is a real pleasure to have her back with us and I am sure she is going to inspire you all.
Please feel free to leave a personal message welcoming her to our team for 2018.
One more design team member to met tomorrow.
thanks for looking
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Tomoko, I cannot wait to be inspired by you. Your work is gorgeous and very me 💕

    ReplyDelete