Saturday, October 28, 2017

Canvas Creations with the girls

Good morning!

Today I am sharing the last of the Canvas Theme posts for the month!
The girls have done an incredible job this month!








This is my canvas for October theme. I love to create altered canvas. First I've glued all of the chipboards and resins on the canvas and then I've applied acrylic gesso .After, I've applied sprays and gold metallic paste


For Octobers theme I have created a dreamcatcher canvas. I used chipboard pie charts to achieve this. Painting the outer with Dylusions paints and covered the pie chart inserts with patterned paper from the 13@rts 'Strength In Numbers' range. The chipboard feathers have been painted with a couple of coats of Gesso. The 'Create Your Own Dreams' title has also been painted with dylusions paints.
 




The gorgeous 'It's a Girl Thing' phrase (IDP0066) was Sonia's inspiration for this very girly canvas! The colour palette of pinks and soft purples along with floral images provided the base of the canvas. The chipboard title along with the flowers and chipboard in the crown added the dimension. Nat's Hand Drawn Leaves (IDD0044), Sheet of 7 Leaves (IDFL0018) and Rufus (IDFL0031) all add movement to the crown. All the chipboard has been heat embossed in white








I have created this 12x12 canvas using a photo and creating a mixed media background. I have chosen to use colours that will help blend in with the photo and give the illusion that it the photo is painted onto the canvas. I have used a chicken wire stencil with texture paste, along with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide stamps, Prima Marketing colour bloom sprays and Distress embossing powder. For the ID chipboard title and flourish I have heat embossed them in an aged gold.







Thanks so much for sharing girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment