Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June brings an awesome new CHALLENGE ....

It's time for a challenge!

I came across this gorgeous bright Mood Board and thought it would be great inspiration for the team this month AND ... we are opening it up to you as well ... with an AMAZING Prize Pack with all the newest ID chipboard - Over $60 worth plus a plenty of random draw prizes weekly to say THANKS!
Image found on Pinterest

Here is what our talented team have come up with...



This layout background was created with Lindy's Stamp Gang inks using a watercolour technique. The same colours were used to paint the white gesso sprayed chipboard, adding layers until I got the intensity of colour I wanted. Patience is the name of the game with this technique. If you want a pastel colour you can mix the ink with a small amount of white gesso which helps with building up the colour. Alternatively acrylic paints can achieve the colour and coverage quicker.





This happy card was made using random bright papers I had in my stash and my good old coloured markers. I did have to treat the chipboard with a white opaque ink first so my colours would stand out. The 'Thinking of You' title was all joined at one point but I cut them up to better fit my card layout ... that's my big tip with card making ... there's not a lot of space there so don't be afraid to cut up those cupboard titles and make them work with the room you've got




The gorgeous colours of the mood board inspired Sonia to play with an Art Journal page. The colour palette was almost Bollywood inspired so the stunning image was used on the left hand side (from Pinterest). It reflected on the two quotes on the pages - 'Take time to be Just You' and 'Dwell in the possibility'. In other words - stop hiding behind your hand and go out and take chances and enjoy the opportunities out there!

So how do you enter?   There are a couple of easy ways!


Thats it - so simple!

So get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment